Tom Tom strap

samsgs

Reaction score
Looking for the hook strap for a tom tom rider - if someone has one spare I would be grateful for it
chrs
sam

actually its the bungee thing i need

sorry cannot seem to edit the original message

sam

Tom Tom Works!

Just done 1500 miles Ireland/Scotland and to my amazement my Mk1 Tom Tom rider worked perfectly- thanks to the strap holding it in place- mind you its been back to Tom Tom three times previously for the usual faults and the usual TT denial of any resposibility

Just done 1500 miles Ireland/Scotland and to my amazement my Mk1 Tom Tom rider worked perfectly- thanks to the strap holding it in place- mind you its been back to Tom Tom three times previously for the usual faults and the usual TT denial of any resposibility

I gave in and got a Touratech holder from the guys in Ystranglis and the kind Mr Plumb even fitted it for me! Excellent pice of kit that holds the TT Rider One in place - Rock solid! I was on the verge of binning it and spending hundreds on a new Zumo or Rider 2 . Am really glad I didnt, top piece of kit! :thumb2

I thought it was worth pointing out I have used a Rider 1 with one of Egon's bungees since new. I don't use the unit on the bike much but do use it most days with the car mount. However in the past 3 years it must have done a total of about 6000 miles on the bike without a hint of any problem.

Without the bungee I a sure I would be using a garmin by now.

Have a look here

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84987&page=2

I'm still making these to order.

I bought one and it has saved me hundreds of pounds that I would otherwise have spent changing to a Rider2 or a Zumo. I wish I'd found out about them sooner and not bothered with a security cradle from Nippy Normans, I'd have saved another £40.
Great bit of kit, and it does away with the need for the TomTom lanyard.

ukaloon

if you consider sellling the bracket you got from nippy normans then drop me a line - email is samjaffacake at gmail dotcom

cheers
sam

Back
Top Bottom