travel insurance

limey

Hi all,Iam going on the continent for the first time(france and spain)and am wondering what travel insurance I will need and where I can get it from.I have europeon cover on my gs and bmw breakdown and would like to know what personel cover is available or recomended by you seasoned travelers.Cheers Limey

well there's loads make sure it covers you to ride the bike most insurances don't or are limited to 125cc or less.

I use THB who are expensive and don't make reservations on engine size etc. and I've used insure and go but you need to take out the first bit then cover the dangerous activity so it's not that straight forward...

there's whole pile of threads on here...

Best of luck

i have a year round Carole Nash european policy. covers bikes over 125cc.

can be customised with winter sports, Worldwide ie, USA etc.

about £120ish for a couple IIRC (inc. winter sports which bumps the price somewhat).

The Post Office do a good one that covers bike touring.

Take out the annual policy and they cover your sprogs for free. I took out a policy for my bike trip earlier in the year. I'm off to Austria next month with the lad. Both trips covered (plus any others to Europe before next June) for £35 (once you factor in the £10 rebate from quidco.com)
http://www.quidco.com/post-office/

Thanks for the replies,I will check out the post office for the health insurance.I pick up the bike tomorrow and have 5 days to run it in and service it before I go.Can`t wait.Limey

Thanks for the replies,I will check out the post office for the health insurance.I pick up the bike tomorrow and have 5 days to run it in and service it before I go.Can`t wait.Limey

What do you want to insure? Maybe you don't need any.
Bad luck on living in Solihull btw.:(

Sorry about the mistakes,just put 200 miles on new gs first service next friday.Limey

Back
Top Bottom