Pico's in October

beacon

Reaction score
Anybody been there in late September early October, what sort of weather would you expect? is it worth the trip? many thanks. Chris

Well me and the missus are poping over there for the moto piston rally at the beginning of October so hoping for some good wheather. Judging from the pics on the moto piston web site should be sunny and warm.:D
http://www.mcpiston.com

Thats a nice web site thanks bubbles, If we go at that time we will certainly try to get to see something! are you riding driving or flying (stupid question)

Chris

If it works out we'll be doing the same crossing but coming from Leeds, Not by bike, as last year I had a big off and haven't been on a bike since!:( so we have a little 2 seater roadster for the time being!! I,ll let you know what we decide.

Chris

Weather in the Picos

I have been there, both in March, April, June, Sept & Oct months over the last couple of years.
Being a mountain area the weather can be unpredictable, so their is no set pattern. However in Sep & particular Oct of last year the weather was really good, unseasonably so in Oct according to the locals. You might be lucky.
I'll be there again in Oct so I hope its as good as last year. :D
October 20th 2007:cool:
Picos de Europa October 2007 044.jpg
Sept 2007:cool:
Picos1.jpg
April 2008 :eek:
DSCF2241.jpg
Sept 2006

Attachments

• Picos 1 2006.jpg
    Picos 1 2006.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 841
Anybody been there in late September early October, what sort of weather would you expect? is it worth the trip? many thanks. Chris

I am expecting it to be really warm and sunny with absolutely no rain what so ever as I am booked on the Plymouth - Santander ferry with 4 other on Sept 28th:D

Hope fully Mandy will be sorting the weather:augie

picos october

went last year and weather was fantastic for full week , 70 degrees everyday and fantastic roads, go for it

Booked ferry for 1st Oct return 13th October. If its anything like same time last year weather will be fantastic. So why did we buy new weatherproof riding gear for wife this afternoon ??

The colombres event is fantastic if you have classic bike ,excellent organisation, good food and accomodation all in with entry, as is 30% discount off ferry.

What better way to start the winter?

just booked the ferry on 21 sept 09 and returning on the 29 sept 08.:):)
fingers crossed ;)

Thanks for all your help, we have just booked Plymouth to Santander Oct 5th and coming back on the 9th a good deal with 3 nights in a Parador as well (Fuente De) right close to the cable car! lets hope last year's weather wasn't just a flash in the pan, so if you see a little orange 2 seater around the twisty's give us a wave as you shoot by!!

Chris

picos

the moto piston rally is on from 9th october in columbres while you are there , look out for old twats on old bikes, i.ll be one of them , great crack

the moto piston rally is on from 9th october in columbres while you are there , look out for old twats on old bikes, i.ll be one of them , great crack

Is that place name of Columbres correct because I can't seem to find it on Michelin or on Autoroute ?
Thank you.

Keep your eyes open for big whales from the ferry down after the first night - it's the season and they're coming in thick and fast!

:hide

AndyT - the whale and dolphin survey charity I work for, ORCA, has got a group of 80 people on board your trip. You can't miss 'em! Organisers are Dylan and Ian, so if you see guys giving talks, say Marsh is watching them!

Sadly I'm not on the trip as it's a significant birthday for me!

For your info, next Spring Brittany Ferries start a new service from Portsmouth to Santander, using the fast boat, Pont Aven that's on the Plymouth route at the moment. They'll put another boat on the Plymouth route, but not sure what at mo.

Have a great trip!

AndyT - the whale and dolphin survey charity I work for, ORCA, has got a group of 80 people on board your trip. You can't miss 'em! Organisers are Dylan and Ian, so if you see guys giving talks, say Marsh is watching them!

Sadly I'm not on the trip as it's a significant birthday for me!

For your info, next Spring Brittany Ferries start a new service from Portsmouth to Santander, using the fast boat, Pont Aven that's on the Plymouth route at the moment. They'll put another boat on the Plymouth route, but not sure what at mo.

Have a great trip!

Hi Marsh, many thanks for the heads up. If we want to gate crash any of the lectures I'll tell them you gave us the Ok;)

AndyT:cool:

I'm going Oct 15th see old buddie who has been living south of Spain several years. Any GSER on ferry make yourslf known. I'll do the same:bounce1

Fishbird

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom