Bridgestone Gritty or Michelin AC10 or something else?

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Off for a week's trail riding in southern Spain shortly and I plan to take some new rubber for my DR-Z.

I anticipate that the terrain will be mostly dry and stoney (dry river beds rather than rivers of mud) etc.

What tyres does the perceived tosser wisdom suggest?

Greg

Deathwings if you need the distance - they were made for that sort of riding. AC10's probably a little extreme.

Deathwings if you need the distance - they were made for that sort of riding. AC10's probably a little extreme.

:blast

I'm not riding my DR-Z to Spain - that's too hardcore. The bike goes in a van; I go by plane.

Greg

Still think for dry gravel your choices are too extreme. What have you got on at the moment?

I've rode my DRZ down to Morocco. Not that I'd do it again. :blast

I use the Bridgestone Gritty on my KTM Greg, they work everywhere and are road legal. They'll be just fine! :thumb

Wish I was going with you, but I'll just have to force myself to try out trails in Morocco instead. :D

I use the Bridgestone Gritty on my KTM Greg, they work everywhere and are road legal. They'll be just fine! :thumb

Wish I was going with you, but I'll just have to force myself to try out trails in Morocco instead. :D

It's a shame that you won't be joining us Roy.

2nd%20June%20tour%20145.jpg

Greg

my 525 spits out a gritty in a day if ridden ard (but as its me 2 days )

gritty fronts are great but would get something harder for the rear :thumb

On the Serow I put a Gritty on the the front and a MT21 on the rear, the Gritty gives good directional stability and the MT 21 rear provides adequate grip and lasts more than a day :thumb2

John and Andy at TrailEspana use Mitas on their Yamahas and KTM and the terrain they ride is exactly what you'll be riding.

Thanks for all the advice, guys! Simon's final words, however, swung it for me. I've decided to use:

a Mitas C-02 rear:

C-02d.jpg

and a Mita EF-06 front:

EF-06D1.jpg

Just ordered 2 x front and 1 x rear - £103 delivered from Wulfsport.

Greg

They look as if they're up to the job.:thumb2 Let us know how they perform in the dust Greg. Don't forget to keep the fluid levels up over there:beer:

The Mitas I ran on the Airhead stood up very well and it's just been replaced by an AC10 which performed well in the D2D mud and rocks unlike the rider!

I ran Gritties on my DRZ and the wore quickly

Back
Top Bottom