Granada(ish) and Back: Any easy offf-road jaunts?

Magwych

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Misses Bum ( JackieG) and I are heading off in early September in the genreal direction Of Granada, Andalucia.

Our very unplanned itinerary is to take the Dover Calais ferry, then hack down to Poteisr for the night, then take the next day to pass to head for the Pyrennees and find somewhere to stop overnight around the Col Du Pourtalet...

It gets a bit vague after that, but the idea is to head towards Granada. Hopefully arriving within 6 days, then turn around and come back ... I did say this was low on planning so far :)

We are taking a tent, and I see that Accor Hotels have got in to most Spanish cities and large towns. I know from previous visits it is usualy easier to find rooms for the night in the smaller towns and villages, and we do intend to leave a lot to chance- we may even take in a Parador for one night.

What I am hoping for is to find some interesting trails that we might be able to combine into our route. Any thoughts ?

there is a nice road from granada to velez malaga across a great mountain pass towards a town called vienula(?) you will see this clearly if you have a good spain map. on this road you will find a fire trail to two villages about 20kms of lovely piste, a mix of compacted gravel and some concrete. i know it sounds some what vague but you will see the road and trail on the michelin map of spain, and particularly the regional maps. otherwise the non motorway road from granada to nerja is great for views.

Back
Top Bottom