Quest 1, fails to upload to PC

vireo

Reaction score
Can two version of Mapsource mapping reside on the one PC? I have CN Version 9 (and CN2008 NT for a Nuvi) running on the PC (XP).

I've got a problem whereby loading routes to my Quest is no issue at all, but recently cannot get it to complete an upload of tracks back into Mapsource for me. I'm not too sure if this happened before I loaded the second version

I'm getting an error message indicating that the upload begins but ultimately it fails - see attached msg.

:nenau

Vireo

Attachments

• quest error msg.jpg
    quest error msg.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 129
Can two version of Mapsource mapping reside on the one PC? I have CN Version 9 (and CN2008 NT for a Nuvi) running on the PC (XP).

I have 6 versions with no problem.Don't know if it will help but I never have the "turn off after transfer" box ticked.
Dave

Same problem recently.

Recently, and fairly often, I've been getting the exact same error message, I can only assume it's because of a Map-Source Update with a bug. What I do is when choosing what to upload I select just the track-log and de-select Routes, Maps and Way-Points. If this doesn't work try turning off your unit and turning it on again while it's still connected via USB, then upload the track-log alone. Somehow or another I've always managed to get the tracks uploaded.
I think the two versions of Map-Source are so different they'll be independent of each other, much like Word and EXCEL.

HTH, Daithi.

What I do is when choosing what to upload I select just the track-log and de-select Routes, Maps and Way-Points. If this doesn't work try turning off your unit and turning it on again while it's still connected via USB, then upload the track-log alone. HTH, Daithi.

Hi Daithi

Interesting to hear that its not just me then!

Tried all that, and still fails 99% of the time, which is a bugger......the odd thing is that its far more successful on a desktop that I also have V9 loaded onto....strange :spitfire

I wonder if we went for the latest (6.14.1) download of Mapsource from the site would it be any better - I think I've heard that there's other issues with this version.

Vireo

Hi Paul, happened to me recently on my GPS60C, reloaded the usb driver and it worked fine again... HTH

Send it back to the tosser you bought it from....:augie

Richie

I reloaded the driver and ......................... most surprisingly it worked - twice in a row too. Does it get corrupted in some way, I wonder? Anyway, a bit of pain, but once it works I'm happy.

As for sending it back?..............couldn't do that, the fella I bought it off was too nice a guy :beerjug:

P

Hi Paul, happened to me recently on my GPS60C, reloaded the usb driver and it worked fine again... HTH

Send it back to the tosser you bought it from....:augie

I'm still having this problem.....................any new suggestions out there.....?

V

I have the same prob from time to time with my Q1......all I do is change the USB port I'm using, which in effect has the same effect as re-installing the drivers as you have.

It's a quirk I guess :nenau

PS isn't it satisfying sitting back with our 'out of date' 'Old technology' Quests that just do the job 100%, watching all these zooomoh! 9000 twats pissing the best part of a £grand away on some all singing all dancing GPS unit that they can't use and even if they could they'd still only use it as far as the ace cafe ;)

PS isn't it satisfying sitting back with our 'out of date' 'Old technology' Quests that just do the job 100%, watching all these zooomoh! 9000 twats pissing the best part of a £grand away on some all singing all dancing GPS unit that they can't use and even if they could they'd still only use it as far as the ace cafe ;)

Ohhhhh, fight! fight! :D

Fanum

While I'd like an all singing Zumo, I've got to argee that the Quest MORE than satisfies my needs and is hugely flexible and functional. Its three times the machine of my car based Nuvi...........and has become my P&J (so much so that I bought a second one !). OK, so it doesn't have huge memory or touch-screen controls, but the Quests are available for silly money at this stage......

:thumb

let the fighting start
V

Back
Top Bottom