BIG trails....

RichieS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know of any big open trails in the Surrey/Hants south east area suitable for an HP2E? Similar to the BMW off road course area

The trails i have been doing thus far i find a bit technical on such a big bike and find myself not getting much out of 2nd gear. If not, might have to trade it in for a DRZ400 or similar

Richie

search for wombat hunt, and look for local Moto-x track. There's one over towards chertsey which said I could use my HP on it as long as I signed the disclaimer and paid my fees.

HP is bloody good on the open sections but in Surrey unless your out during the week it's hard to avoid all the people, I'm thinking about heading down towards Salisbury for a looky see what it's like down there...

Best of luck

Anyone know of any big open trails in the Surrey/Hants south east area suitable for an HP2E? Similar to the BMW off road course area

The trails i have been doing thus far i find a bit technical on such a big bike and find myself not getting much out of 2nd gear.

I'm thinking about heading down towards Salisbury for a looky see what it's like down there...
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154959 should be of interest. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recognised the place from some pics of forum members riding there on the site, then when we came accross it there were about half a dozen 4 x 4's playing there so thought it was OK.

It's a military off road driver training area.
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=tidworth&countryCode=GB#map=51.24331,-1.69014|15|4&dp=904&loc=GB:51.24041:-1.66439:14|tidworth|Tidworth,%20North%20Tidworth,%20Hampshire,%20England,%20SP9%207
There used to be a public right of way dissecting it from the NE (chalkpit hill) to the SW, which has now been rerouted, so there are no ROW across it, so you can't even claim "I thought I was here guv <points at map 200m away on the ROW>" any more.

Back
Top Bottom