Which KTM

smirky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering selling my fazer 1000 and purchasing either a 950 SM/R or the 950 SE, what are the main differences between the bikes and how much should i expect to pay for a new one/2 year old one?

Thanks in advance

Smirky :eek:onyack

Hi I had a 950SM for 3 yrs and loved it !! Gone to a 990SM now and love that!!There are a few 06 950SM's for sale at £5995 but only a few left.My old SM is still for sale at P+H in crawley absolutley mint and £5400 I think.There are a lot about for sale and range from £4800 to £5800 .The SMR has an orange frame and smaller tank different graphics.The 990 is a whole lot more of the same with big midrange ,slightly snatchy throttle but I have got used to it and it doesnot bother me now.Go for it you will love any of them!!:thumb2

Do you intend going offroad or not, buying an SE purely for road use is a waste, buy an SM if keeping to the tarmac.

Cheers for the response guys, i had a 1200GS liked the ride etc but maybe needed a bit more to make it "fun"

bought a fazer 1000 which is a cracking bike to ride, needs suspension upgraded to make it a top ride IMO

I like the sit up riding position these bikes offer, wind protection does'nt bother me too much, if anything it'll keep the speed down and save the points mounting up. the only concerns i have are a) kids want to come on the back sometimes, is it passenger freindly? b) how are they long distance bikes?

13 litre tank on the SE, either 14.5 or 16 on the SM.

Pillion pegs as standard on the SM, not all SE's come with them (mine didn't).

If not planning on riding offroad, get the SM, twin discs on the front & lower, stiffer suspension all round makes for a superior road bike although the SE can do it all, just can't do the road riding as well as the SM. Rode mine to Spain & back, had to fill up every 110 miles or so. Neither seta is particularly comfortable but easily cured with an Airhawk.

If intending on riding offroad, it's no contest.

KTM blurb states 14.5, everyone else says 13 & now you confuse things even more with 14?:blast

Anyone actually completely emptied an SE tank & then filled it right to measure its true capacity?

Possu

Lets just agree that 110 miles is possible from full tank to low fuel light :D

not a good idea to pass the next petrol station after the fuel light comes on :thumb2

Cheers for the response guys, i had a 1200GS liked the ride etc but maybe needed a bit more to make it "fun"

bought a fazer 1000 which is a cracking bike to ride, needs suspension upgraded to make it a top ride IMO

I like the sit up riding position these bikes offer, wind protection does'nt bother me too much, if anything it'll keep the speed down and save the points mounting up. the only concerns i have are a) kids want to come on the back sometimes, is it passenger freindly? b) how are they long distance bikes?

As the guys have already mentioned Super moto would be by far the best bike for two up road work ...

I just did a 900 mile plus round trip to Skye on my SE and apart from the wind blast on the motorway the bike was fantastic any of the ktm models with the LC8 motor will put a smile on your face :D

If i could afford a second bike i would go for the 950 SM and run both :thumb2

Step 2:

Visited local dealer, to see a 950 SM in the flesh (black one), loved the look of it, got a price of £6,100 on the road.

Road test booked soon :cool:

Back
Top Bottom