Tempted..............!

Happyhenry

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm in the 'what shall I try next?' zone.

Don't get me wrong. I really love my 07 GSA. But.... life is short (wrong side of 50) and ......well.....you just have to try things - haven't you? :nenau

Anyway, went down to my local KTM dealer and sniffed some saddles; kicked some tyres; twanged some clutch levers and all that.

Fancy a 990 Adv. Talked about arranging a test ride. :D Talked about px. :D :D

Came home and rang the number on the KTM Insurance card = £1,780 fully comp. :eek: :eek: :eek: The 1200GSA costs me £350 fully comp. including commuting.

The lady said that no one likes KTMs at the moment - except the chavvy tea leafs and organised crime. No chance of a competitive quote until they stop stealing the things by the lorry-load. :mad:

Borrocks!

Living in London is the real issue, way too many KTM's stolen in & around our *great* capitol recently. :spitfire

Try ebike for a more realistic quote, worked for me, save nearly £300.

Thanks Possu. Tried ebike and got a much more realistic quote. Game on? :D

You're right about KTMs in London at the moment - they seem to be top of the list for the thieving classes. Even the dealer admitted that it was currently a big problem. I was hoping that it was just the smaller bikes that got lifted but there seem to be a lot of 950/990s going too.

Ground anchors and massive chains are all very well at home, but there is often nothing to lock it to when out and about.

:D
I'm in the 'what shall I try next?' zone.

Don't get me wrong. I really love my 07 GSA. But.... life is short (wrong side of 50) and ......well.....you just have to try things - haven't you? :nenau

Anyway, went down to my local KTM dealer and sniffed some saddles; kicked some tyres; twanged some clutch levers and all that.

Fancy a 990 Adv. Talked about arranging a test ride. :D Talked about px. :D :D

Came home and rang the number on the KTM Insurance card = £1,780 fully comp. :eek: :eek: :eek: The 1200GSA costs me £350 fully comp. including commuting.

The lady said that no one likes KTMs at the moment - except the chavvy tea leafs and organised crime. No chance of a competitive quote until they stop stealing the things by the lorry-load. :mad:

Borrocks!

Hallo, picked up my new 950 super enduro today and and got fully comp insurance for £178:) :) :) I got a equally silly quote to yours £1400???from ktm. Go on money supermarked or confused.com for half a chance of a decent quote. I can recommend the SE by the way. I too was after a 990adventure but fell in love with the SE:) Superb bike!!!

Living in London is the real issue, way too many KTM's stolen in & around our *great* capitol recently. :spitfire

Try ebike for a more realistic quote, worked for me, save nearly £300.

Any clues as to what the motives are?

1. Joy riders
2. Sold to order in the UK
3. Sold to order for somewhere like Dubai
4. Nicked for parts?

:nenau

My case handler for the stolen F650 said they are being shunted over to eastern countries in the back of lorries once they've delivered their cheap goods. Lorry drivers don't make anything on a return if empty so it's a good incentive.

Demand is high over there ... petrol is becoming more financially accessible as their economies improve, roads are still crapish and nobody gives a toss about registered vehicles or insurance.

Back
Top Bottom