Mill BMW - Top Marks

yorkshire whippet

Reaction score
A quick note of thanks.

Picked up an 1150GS this morning from Mill. It was an 03 and immaculately turned out (traded a fireblade for it). A lad called Steve Brown dealt with me and he turned out to be a star. I'd been enquiring with a number of dealers about a used GS but none bar Mill made any positive steps to get my custom (ie. came forward with a realistic deal). Steve was extremely personable and professional at the same time and wasn't pushy either. He immediately understood what I was after and what I was willing to pay. There was no messing around with stupid sales tactics, umming and aahing, quoting price guides or running back and forth to the 'boss'.

I travelled 100 miles to pick up the bike and on arrival my wife and I were immediately met with 2 warm cups of coffee and were not left waiting around. I know this sort of thing should come as standard but in my experience so often does not. Everything was prepared for our arrival and the whole service was very efficient.

The bike itself did not dissapoint (the deal was done entirely over the phone and I had not viewed the bike prior, something I would not ordinarily have done). Suffice it to say the bike could have been registered yesterday - its that clean. I put 200 miles more on it today in freezing conditions, I enjoyed it that much. The engine is fantastic and purrs away beautifully... or roars when required.

In short I'm well chuffed.

I`m pleased for you, it reminds me of the pleasant time I had when I collected my bike from MILL...........just dont make the mistake of going back there.
Great deals and friendly banter when they sell you a bike they do...after care they dont do.
Avoid disappointment and find someone reliable.

Dave I only speak as I find. I can't comment on servicing as thats a good 5600 miles away - but my bike was immaculately prepared. Maybe something or someone has changed in the servicing department?

Professional Boxer said:
dave Hall are u the sangiune one under a different name?

for god sake give them a break

I`m not alone in finding Mill lacking in the aftercare department and I wish someone had warned me before I embarked on 12 months of fruitless phone calls and disappointments.
I found them just fine when they were selling me the bike, it went tits up as soon as the bike left the showroom so when someone posts that they got a good deal from them on the sale of the bike then I dont find it unreasonable to warn them about what follows.
But if I`m boring folks then I`ll STFU.

Professional Boxer said:
dave Hall are u the sangiune one under a different name?

for god sake give them a break

Well said, Dave there are others like myself who are very happy to deal with Mill. Just ordered our 6th bike from them, time to give it a rest methinks.

I have to say that I have always found Mill to be warm and friendly and don't talk shite.
I did not buy my bike from them but did take it in for service and warranty work, all done without any trouble.
Free coffee and biccies and chew the fat with Alistair or Paul, buy some kit and your on your way with a smile and a wave.
Suits me sir.........:beerjug:

Myself and a pall bothe purchaced GS ADVs from mill, Allistair service was great as is! his after sales we would recomend them to anyone. tha just tryin ta mek a livin.

Mill BMW

Purchased GS1150 secondhand, at first a bit dissapointed with condition of rims ( Corrosion ) mentioned this concern to them seven weeks later, and without any fuss they contacted BMW. The very next day they recieved new rims and fitted them as good will from BMW, so I cannot really complain with there after sales service.

Im assuming your talking about Mill Sunderland.
i have had two bad experiences with Mill.
i think the problem is the Bike section of the dealership is too small - almost an after thought - and the parts guy didnt have a clue because it didnt have 4 wheels.

for what its worth - my view is buy a bike where you get the best deal then hunt around for the best after sales dealer, although it can take sometime for them to stop asking you "did you buy the bike here ?"

Richard

pinkolive said:
Im assuming your talking about Mill Sunderland.

Moved from Sunderland to Boldon years ago-much improved pay them a visit and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom