Rudy Project Sunglasses

PIGGLET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought some of these Rudy Project rydon's for shooting and use on the bike.
I'm really impressed with them:thumb2 They are really comfortable and very adjustable on both the arms and the nose bridge and they are really comfortable inside a lid. The lenses are tough and scratch resistant and the photochromatic lense is really fast and effective. A true all day any light pair of sunnies:thumb2
They are way better made and have better optics than a pair of oakl**s I have which cost nearly twice as much:eek:
I went for the orange "light intensifying" lenses which go to a dark brown depending on how bright it is. The grey ones go from completely clear to dark grey.

i must admit that i own a pair of oakleys and i dont think they are that good.

The RYDON IMPACTX look good, where did you get them from and how much are they?

They look quite similar to the Decathlon ones I've been using for the last few months

gd-asset_10652841.jpg

Also Photochrominc, and the lenses tilt upwards as well which is handy if they steam up (tilt them up a little and the air clears them immediately)

£24.95 :)

(I keep losing/breaking sunnies so that's about as expensive as I'd want to go!)

I actually have the rydon II which is the smaller face version. The problem I have with sunnies is that there aren't that many that fit my kid size head and subsequently fit comfortably inside a helmet, these do.
I got them from my local bike shop in Stokesley and they were about £80 for the impact X photochromatic. The guy in the shop gave me a brief demo which involved folding the lenses in half and trying to scratch them, they seem pretty tough:thumb2
You can get the glasses with different lenses (which are interchangeable) but if you go for the photochromatic there seem little point in buying different lenses.
I tend to ride round with my visor open most of the time so the lenses do get covered in shit. These have cleaned up without a mark so far, the oakleys scratched after the first long ride:(
On the plus side I didn't pay for the oakleys:)
Rudy project put the photochromatic impact X lenses in quite a few other frame styles too.

Lidl £6 sunglasses with three different coloured lenses. Also change into goggles with detachable arms into strap which is also supplied. Have been using them for mountain biking and running this summer and great value. Gonna try them skiing next year. I too have oakley sunglasss and goggles but just cant believe the value of these sunglasses from Lidls. I was very sceptical in the first instance but have been converted. Magnificent.

Are the lenses interchangable?

Yes they are. I know they're not cheap coompared to some posted above but after the chew on I've had with finding comfy sunnies in the past I just thought feck it. Hope to get a good few years out of them.

Hi Pigglet (LOL!)

So ... one more question: do you get alternative lenses or have to buy them in addition. If the latter how much are the lenses?

Ta

Oh! And thanks for bringing these to my attention :thumb I think I'll have me a pair!

P

Aloha! No you don't get any spare lenses with them. The spares start at about £15 for standard colours, are about £25 for iridium and a bit more for the impact X. If you go for the impact X photochromatic you shouldn't really need any other lenses and they should last a long time. They also come with a decent hard case. This is what you get.....
034.jpg

Aloha! No you don't get any spare lenses with them. The spares start at about £15 for standard colours, are about £25 for iridium and a bit more for the impact X. If you go for the impact X photochromatic you shouldn't really need any other lenses and they should last a long time. They also come with a decent hard case. This is what you get.....
034.jpg

:thumb Great! Thank you! Think I'll go order me a pair!

P

still reckon you cant beat the mirror / scratch resistant 'Crackerjack' from Swiss one for about £3/pr. I have stopped swearing when I drop them on the forecourt - just reach for a new pair and use the damaged ones on the beach:)

Check other posts on this site regarding sunglasses before you spend more than £5 imho.

Pay a visit to ' ... hire a tool' or similar outlet and look for safety specs. Just watch out for lens curvature on the low price ones or you end up like Marty Feldman!

still reckon you cant beat the mirror / scratch resistant 'Crackerjack' from Swiss one for about £3/pr. I have stopped swearing when I drop them on the forecourt - just reach for a new pair and use the damaged ones on the beach:)

Check other posts on this site regarding sunglasses before you spend more than £5 imho.

Pay a visit to ' ... hire a tool' or similar outlet and look for safety specs. Just watch out for lens curvature on the low price ones or you end up like Marty Feldman!

+1:thumb2

I use some Bolle contour safety glasses off Ebay - about £6 a pair I think I paid and they fit fine under a helmet and are very comfortable.

At that price I don't worry if I drop/scratch/break them unlike a very expensive set of Oakleys I had where I dropped them scratching the Iridium lens which basically rendered them useless after a few weeks !

Back
Top Bottom