Hello All

Dadd

Just bought my first GS, a 2008 non-A. I've been riding since about 1972, and RT's since 1998. Just sold my '04 Multistrada to purchase the GS. I also ride a KLR650, but only for local day rides unless I'm willing to truck it off somewhere for extended dual sport riding. I have the (mis):nenaufortune to be located in the San Francisco Bay area of California, so we're limited to only 11.75 months of riding per year. I'm also an ADV Rider:beer:, so FYYFF :D. Mostly so far I'll be looking for recomendations on tank bags (was really surprised at how difficult it was to stuff a map into the non-removable map case on the BMW GS unit) and good feedback on suspension settings,as well as any other tips. Looks like a great website, glad to be here!

Welcome Dadd,

With the summer we've had again this year that first post of yours is not going to endear you much to the general population;)

For me just knowing that you are only 3 hours riding from Yosemite and you have the PCH on your doorstep makes me despise you even more:p

Nice to have you join us though:thumb

Hi Dadd & welcome. :thumb
Must be a right bummer not being able to ride for 0.25 months of the year :D

With the summer we've had again this year that first post of yours is not going to endear you much to the general population;)

Oh I don't know about that. He's very helpfully taken me back to the middle of June this year......:D

http://gallery.mac.com/ojack#100095/DSCF6554&bgcolor=black

http://gji.smugmug.com/gallery/5171822_ANcg3#P-4-24

Even from here in God's own biking country, I envy him the easy access to roads like Tunitas Creek Road and China Grade, though. :green gri

Welcome aboard Dadd - might see you up at Alice's one of these years.

No apologies here

Welcome Dadd,

For me just knowing that you are only 3 hours riding from Yosemite and you have the PCH on your doorstep makes me despise you even more:p

No apologies on that score...having spent more than half my life in Northeastern Ohio, where the winters are long and cold, but not cold enough to stay nice and white, read "slush" most of the time, it feels like I've earned some respite.

It sounds like many of you are quite familiar with this part of California; there are some fairly obscure road names being tossed about. Tunitas Creek Road is a neat little road, often avoided by larger bikes, because of the tightness and sometimes gnarly condition.

Good riding all.

Back
Top Bottom