Question.

Howard Millichap

Reaction score
From someone who doesn't know anything about the 650.

Does the 650GS have an accessory socket as standard?
If so where is it located on the bike?

I'm hiring a 650GS in N?Zealand and would like to be able to use my gps down there.
Many thanks.

No it dosen't Howard it's an optional extra. It might be worth asking who you are hiring the bike from if one is fitted though because they are not that expensive.

Many thanks.

LOLGEOFF said:
No it dosen't Howard it's an optional extra. It might be worth asking who you are hiring the bike from if one is fitted though because they are not that expensive.

I will ask them.

Howard,

according to the brochure for the 2004 Dakar, there is a power socket which comes as standard.

It's a standard fitting on the 2004 (Twin Spark) 650GS but an aftermarket item on previous models. It should cost about £25 for the kit which is apparantly a bit of a fiddly fit that comes out on the left side of the engine just below the false tank.

Regards
Andy80F

Andy80F said:
It's a standard fitting on the 2004 (Twin Spark) 650GS but an aftermarket item on previous models. It should cost about £25 for the kit which is apparantly a bit of a fiddly fit that comes out on the left side of the engine just below the false tank.

Regards
Andy80F

I'd agree- it's a pretty useless place to site it. What's more, when I fitted a kit to a 2003 650GS, the harness didn't fit as per the instructions!

Greg

Back
Top Bottom