Uneven power

mandel

Hello,

It's pretty hard to explain what my problem is without using all the brrrmmm, bam-bam sounds... but I'll try. :augie

It seems my bike doesn't have a linear power, it's a bit lazy and suddenly it has a power boost then it's lazy again. Could it be the clutch, injection, or what?

I'm planning to change the oil, spark, oil and air filters (I just bought K&N).

What else could I do?

Thank you
Daniel

Hello,

It's pretty hard to explain what my problem is without using all the brrrmmm, bam-bam sounds... but I'll try. :augie

It seems my bike doesn't have a linear power, it's a bit lazy and suddenly it has a power boost then it's lazy again. Could it be the clutch, injection, or what?

I'm planning to change the oil, spark, oil and air filters (I just bought K&N).

What else could I do?

Thank you
Daniel

Errrrr tell us what the bike is?

:blast F650 GS - 1 spark (made in 2000). It's yellow! :green gri

Like the one I used to own:-

100_0571.jpg

Before I discovered the 2 Spark. :beerjug:

My 1 Spark F6550CS surged slightly, more or less solved by changing the spark plugs for Iridium ones.

As well as the previous link to http://www.f650.com it is worth checking out http://www.f650.co.uk

Note if u do look at changing the spark plugs if I remember correctly the iridium ones sometimes come with bare screw threads with no push fit cap on it - when you speak to a supplier ask for some caps as well.

Hi!

Here's what my mechanic did and I see a big improvement:
- changed the oil and oil filter (after 7000km) (K&N)
- changed the air filter (after 7000km) (K&N)
- cleaned the injection body
- cleaned the injector
- changed the spark (Iridium)
- cleaned electrical connectors
- cleaned the Lambda sensor
- changed the chain kit

The bike feels different now, not a lazy cow anymore. Maybe just a cow.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a single spark and it doesn't surge. It is lazy low down the rev range, but then pulls strong from 2,500rpm upwards.

Glad you got it sorted :thumb

Back
Top Bottom