PDA

View Full Version : Riding through Switzerland. Is it trouble?

wheeledwidewebb
20-09-08, 15:47
Hello all,

I have heard from someone that Switzerland is best avoided if you wanted to ride down to Northern Italy, principally because of expensive tolls and a dislike of any motor vehicles by the Swiss authorities.

Reading posts on here, it seems that loads of people go through Switzerland without issue, so I wonder if any of you seasoned Alpine riders would care to comment on the two points above?

Many thanks.

swissrob
20-09-08, 16:39
Hello all,

I have heard from someone that Switzerland is best avoided if you wanted to ride down to Northern Italy, principally because of expensive tolls and a dislike of any motor vehicles by the Swiss authorities.

Reading posts on here, it seems that loads of people go through Switzerland without issue, so I wonder if any of you seasoned Alpine riders would care to comment on the two points above?

Many thanks.

complete rubbish........ whoever told u that has obviously never travelled thru switzerland.

the toll is 40 chf (about 20) and lasts for the calender year but most people dont bother and just ride thru anyway but there are some for sale in the sale section for 10. if u get caught on highway without one the max fine is 100chf and u have to buy a toll sticker.

Careful with speeding as the fines are heavy - but dont worry if u get flashed its only the unmarked cars u need to watch for as they stop you.

speed limit on highway is in generel 120kmh but most people go about 130

cookie
20-09-08, 16:58
fantastic place to ride a bike, as long as you don't really cane it :thumb2

i do buy the sticker.

wheeledwidewebb
20-09-08, 17:02
Thanks for that, makes life much eaiser that trying to go around.