Riding through Switzerland. Is it trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheeledwidewebb

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have heard from someone that Switzerland is best avoided if you wanted to ride down to Northern Italy, principally because of expensive tolls and a dislike of any motor vehicles by the Swiss authorities.

Reading posts on here, it seems that loads of people go through Switzerland without issue, so I wonder if any of you seasoned Alpine riders would care to comment on the two points above?

Many thanks.

Hello all,

I have heard from someone that Switzerland is best avoided if you wanted to ride down to Northern Italy, principally because of expensive tolls and a dislike of any motor vehicles by the Swiss authorities.

Reading posts on here, it seems that loads of people go through Switzerland without issue, so I wonder if any of you seasoned Alpine riders would care to comment on the two points above?

Many thanks.

complete rubbish........ whoever told u that has obviously never travelled thru switzerland.

the toll is 40 chf (about £20) and lasts for the calender year but most people dont bother and just ride thru anyway but there are some for sale in the sale section for £10. if u get caught on highway without one the max fine is 100chf and u have to buy a toll sticker.

Careful with speeding as the fines are heavy - but dont worry if u get flashed its only the unmarked cars u need to watch for as they stop you.

speed limit on highway is in generel 120kmh but most people go about 130

fantastic place to ride a bike, as long as you don't really cane it :thumb2

i do buy the sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom