PDA

View Full Version : 79mpg…

Wreford Miles
22-09-08, 14:48
I’m impressed with the X Challenge’s fuel consumption… The first 75 miles of Saturday’s green lane ride equated to 79mpg and we where making progress ;-)

The next fill up was after another 116 miles and it equated to 72mpg.

There may have been a little more road till the 2nd fill other than that the only difference was super octane on the first fill and regular on the 2nd.

72 or 79 mpg it’s a very impressive fact to add to the bikes other great attributes

Deleted account D
22-09-08, 16:15
I’m impressed with the X Challenge’s fuel consumption… The first 75 miles of Saturday’s green lane ride equated to 79mpg and we where making progress ;-)

The next fill up was after another 116 miles and it equated to 72mpg.

There may have been a little more road till the 2nd fill other than that the only difference was super octane on the first fill and regular on the 2nd.

72 or 79 mpg it’s a very impressive fact to add to the bikes other great attributes

with that consumption sounds like you were going too slow !!

JohnnyBoxer
22-09-08, 16:18

Just normal for that bike:augie

85mph cruising on the M1 on Sat, returned over 70mpg

No screen and comfy

Just the bike for the Credit Crunch.....................cheap to buy and cheaper to run:D

Wreford Miles
22-09-08, 16:32

I think 80mph down that one green lane was fast enough

Losttheplot
24-09-08, 21:24
A few of the other locals i ride with have those orange bikes, and we can all start a ride with full tanks, but when it gets to the first fill stop, the XC is taking around a litre less than the others. :D

I just need to get the exhaust changed and the rear shock done to.

Wreford Miles
25-09-08, 09:01
A few of the other locals i ride with have those orange bikes, and we can all start a ride with full tanks, but when it gets to the first fill stop, the XC is taking around a litre less than the others. :D

I just need to get the exhaust changed and the rear shock done to.

Predator in WGC said they'd make and fit an exhust for £250 +vat

Trippy
25-09-08, 09:05
Glad to hear it's going well Wreford.
These look nice and by all accounts they retain the original heat sheild.

http://www.staintune.com.au/exhausts/bmw/BMW_G650X_Exhaust.htm