Why Do these W4nkers tell lies!

DrFarkoff

Grumpy Ole Git!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it Spin? Is it Hype? Maybe sensationalism???????

I'll tell you one thing it isn't! The Truth! BBC Article here
"The way the laundered fuel is transported and sold is so dangerous, customs officials have described it was a 'portable bomb'," added Mr Kearney.

"This is a bit like having a bomb in your own backyard.

"What we've got here is fuel which is volatile, and it's being delivered and stored in vehicles and premises which are not designed for the delivery and storage of fuel."

What Load of BOLLIX! Kero and Diesel are given a UN number for transportation by road Under ADR and IMDG both Id'd by an orange or red panel carrying the number 1202 and kerosense 1223 both carry the 3Y emergency action code which is 3 is "use foam" and Y = "use BA & FIRE KIT and contain spillage" Sometime you'll see 3 YE which means exactly the same except the E means a public hazard!

Nothing about being a potential bomb etc etc e.g. spontaneously erupting into flames and taking half the crumlin road and the mater hospital with them?

I don't agree with the laundering and paramilitary connections, etc, etc!
But it's the governements own fault, If they had sensible fuel duties then people wouldn't deem it necessary to have to use places like this instead of being ripped off daily at the pumps!!

But fer fcuk sake tell the truth YEs it was dangerous but it was UNLIKELY to EXPLODE i.e. "Portable Bomb!

If you don't believe me get a taste of diesel in a petri dish or a pyrex and try and light it!! It takes quite a while I can tell you,
HowDo I know? Cos I have ADR for fuel carried in tanks

What about a BLEVE then. Seems to me like a petrol tanker can become quite a successful portable bomb. So successful that the emergency services will not go anywhere near one & by near I mean hundreds of yards.

Kero and Diesel do not have a low enough flashpoint to create an explosive vapour in our climate

Don't get me wrong I am sure that if the vehicle were to catch fire then it would probably end up being a river of fire running down the street as the plastic vessel would melt and there should be enough heat to sustain ignition and continue the fire

But Explosive No, I don't think so, Not from what the ADR instructor demonstrated

Another example you can weld a diesel tank without cleansing, I wouldn't even try a petrol tank unless I had it empty and had my exhaust running in it for at least 10 minutes ti fill it with inert gas and continue it running while I did the job too!

I was trying to find the hazchem panel and chcek for petrol transported by road UN1203 I can't remember if there's a V after the 3Y that would mean highly volatile and explosive

What about a BLEVE then. Seems to me like a petrol tanker can become quite a successful portable bomb. So successful that the emergency services will not go anywhere near one & by near I mean hundreds of yards.

Err.... isn't petrol a little bit more volatile than diesel, I've never heard of a BLEVE where diesel was the fuel either.:)

sorry but maybe I'm missing the point here, this is straightforward criminal behaviour....illegally produced fuels are bad for engines for one, contain numerous toxic agents that can pollute the ground if spilled and from a government perspective, the people concerned in their production and sale pay no taxes, likewise using red and green diesels when you're not allowed to (paying taxes bit).....I think the 'portable bomb' bit is a pure sensationalism that works in a journalistic sphere......:)

.I think the 'portable bomb' bit is a pure sensationalism that works in a journalistic sphere......:)
GArfield you're a star!

That's exactly what I was hoping someone else would see

Instead of concentrating on the criminality of the whole thing they focus on "Spin" to sensationalise the whole thing!

Hmm I wonder if the refinery has been located? Or will it remain open under the good friday agreement??

3 months to watch one distribution point

How much did that cost??

But fer fcuk sake tell the truth

Then the people they are supposed to serve would not be afraid; if agencies can't command respect they go for fear.

As to fuel laundering - where you have a border with differential taxes you will have that sort of thing. Down with that sort of thing - Fr Ted.

When I lived on the east coast the Ma used to suggest that my Sunday spin would take in Jonesborough and the cheap butter. So I smuggled butter - could that explode on the back of a bike? :(

When I lived on the east coast the Ma used to suggest that my Sunday spin would take in Jonesborough and the cheap butter. So I smuggled butter - could that explode on the back of a bike? :(

Ah GC the Butter Smuggler a slippy charactor if ever I met one! :aidan:aidan:aidan

Very Lickable with the canine community :aidan:aidan:aidan Ooops Sorry I mean't Likeable

Shame on you! The chaos you could have caused imagine if those packs of butter had escaped from yer rucksack and impacted on the road ???
Oh the carnage Sheep not being able to get a grip! The local clergy riding carfree and happy to visit their elderly paritioners and Bang there they are sliding carefree and buttery to the kerb.

And the Local band singin a New Song "Slip Sliding Away"

Slight over statement from the reporter about a bomb in back yard but..

Did you also see the gas cannisters at the far side of the van ??

Picture ... Bunsfield depot...

Attachments

• casu02big.jpg
    casu02big.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 111
Yep But do you know what testing those cannisters go thru in the design stages

I believe Mythbusters had to leave one on top of a coal fire for 30 minutes or more before it went bang

Must try and find that info But Yes the situation was Pretty Hyped up I guess they're trying to scare wee grannies an granda's into shoppin the baddies

There are no proper journalists now – well certainly not in the BBC– we never get both sides of the story – they just read verbatim the bullshit from the government’s press office

Back
Top Bottom