A day on the trails with Spout and Timpo. UKGSER Llangollen 2009.

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks.
Spout and myself are scheming having been asked by Paul G BHT for our services to provide an off-road ride-out from the Hand Hotel, Llangollen in May 2009.
Due to the popularity of such ride-outs in the past, we have decided to split the group in to manageable sections.
Spout, aboard his HP2, will take the larger capacity machines on to nice trails with decent scenery. Aiming at a 130 mile lap with hedged mud trails, stone and mud, with some 400mm ford/puddles. All capable routes for a TKC/Karoo equiped GS (honest Pumpy....:augie).
Me, Timpo, astride a G450X, will take the 450/650 and any brave 1xxx riders into the depths of darkest Powys. Mud, forestry, stone, rocks and a few fords of up to 500mm depth (Pont Llogel) will be on the cards. As usual, nobody will get left behind, and my assistance and advice is guaranteed.
If the group exceeds the numbers we have in mind, I will draft in another run leader, and a medium level (in technicality) run will be created.

So, just so we can gauge numbers, please put yourself a post on this thread with what bike you will be riding, and any preference for the type of ride your after. :thumb2

Please don't spam the thread to death.

Regards.

Timpo.

I`ll have some of that action on my 1200 ( or my HP2 if I have one by then).
I fancy something quite challenging!
:thumb2

Me............already booked into the Hand, so bring it on

Both Spout and Timpo have seen me ride..............so stick in whichever group you feel most appropriate - I'll be on the 650XChallenge

Both Spout and Timpo have seen me ride..............so stick in whichever group you feel most appropriate - I'll be on the 650XChallenge

Your defo with me........:green gri
You'll love it......
and don't forget your goretex socks!

Timpo.

Think I'll tag along in Timpos group if that's ok. I'll be on the Dak but if Gaz is on the 1200 I would hate to miss any of the action :D:D:D

me and Camille too

put me down for the timpo ride as i recon the old girl would be up for sum hard stuff:aidan plus tagging along with flip and skygod is well worth it for the comedy :thumb

not much experience of this so will there be a novice group please? would love to give it a go
My route will be relatively easy.
The going will be suitable for less experienced off roaders, but of course there can be no guarantee of a damage free ride :augie
They'll be plenty along to offer tuition and encouragement if needed. No one gets left behind. The emphasis will be on fun (with a few challanging sections to keep the cameras happy ;))

Hope to join you,can only make it on a sunday would that be possible?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom