Calling Fannum; This could be your chance!

Dennis

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...to get rid of Old Grumpy!

As announced at Princetown to celebrate my 60th birthday last month my kindly little sister has arranged for me to be thrown from a plane at approximately 14,000 ft on the 7th October over Gloucestershire.

So I thought it would be an opportunity to help top up the Scooters in the Sahara Project fund by way of some sponsorship and to see just how much you would dig into your pocket to see me plunge to my doom!

As Scooters in the Sahara now have a regular longterm committment to support a young and tragic burns victim, Manseur out in Bansang we need to keep some cash flowing into the account.

Whilst our involement with both Bansang Hospital and Stella Marsden's Badi Mayo projects are ongoing we now are also being asked to take out transport to Child Advocacy International for their new clinic at Basse which should help to relieve some pressure on Bansang Hospital.

The pot was gererously started at Princetown by Beccy Softbaps, further donations can be made here: http://www.just-print.co.uk/guestbook2.php and scrolling down to Donations.

Alternatively you can send to:
Dennis Robinson
Scooters in the Sahara
1 Priroy Street
Carmarthen
SA31 1LS

Many Thanks to one and all. (It's been nice knowing you all !!!)

Dennis when making a donation via PayPal who do I send the money to, my security settings prevent outside sites from 'cross filtering' to Paypal.

OMG, Dennis!!!!!!....:eek
Sadly, I'm working nights when you chuck yourself out of the 'plane....otherwise I'd be there to scape the pieces into a carrier bag!!!
Good Luck old bean......it's been a distinct pleasure to know you.....:D...:kissy2

OMG, Dennis!!!!!!....:eek
Sadly, I'm working nights when you chuck yourself out of the 'plane....otherwise I'd be there to scape the pieces into a carrier bag!!!
Good Luck old bean......it's been a distinct pleasure to know you.....:D...:kissy2

With his sense of direction, I wouldn't be too surprised if he drops in on you at work, Jaq.:rob:rob

Good luck... apparently it's only the last 3 feet of the drop that hurt:augie:augie

Ya miserable old bugger, when you are painting Gloucestershire red I'll be on the piste in Maroc. So if you are expecting any money out of me you'll just have to do it all again:spitfire

Only kidding:D my 2 penneth will be on it's way soon:thumb

Good luck mate, DON'T break a leg

This is tooo tempting ...

... where's me shotgun :mcgun

dennis ,

good luck m8 for the impending drop!

two things .

firstly when you pull the ripcord just check that its not your lunch and flask escaping your rucksack..

and as you approach terra firma start to worry if you hear the word.

pull !!!

best of luck dude.

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow, I guess it will be postponed. If you do jump, you should end up somewhere off brighton:augie:augie

Just don't milk it too long like Mr Hale. How many cancellations can you 'engineer' in one glorious english summer??

Good luck matey. A little something for the fund coming via Chuckie,

Go, Dennis, Go!!!!!!!............

Greatest :bow .....I know I'd have to be pushed out.......:eek:

Spot on Steve, trying again for tomorrow. Not only was the weather against me...the RAF comandered the air space yesterday...so Thursday it is! (Hopefully):aidan

Just don't milk it too long like Mr Hale. How many cancellations can you 'engineer' in one glorious english summer??

:dabone :p Don't care. Cos I dragged it out for so long I raised over £2600 for the charidee, so there!

Spose I'd better sponser The Grumpy One now!

Donation made, but it's an e-cheque thingie so it takes 7 days apparently. Oh, and don't forget to post pics!

You know what the best bit was, Dennis? That moment when you tip out of the aeroplane and there's no going back.....

ALYLQP_0010.jpg

Many thanks David...

and the worst bit was sitting on the step in the doorway of the plane looking down in disbelief and thinking ....I can't believe I'm about to leap out of here !!!!

Hell! what a buzz, I can't remember an adreneline shot like that ever! Can't wait for the next one!!! Bring it on:mcgun:mcgun:mcgun

Full video will be posted in due course (when I receive it!)

Nice to know you landed in one piece (you did, didn't you??)
Well done, Dennis......the 'plane would have to be on fire for me to voluntarily jump!!
:kissy2

Yes,fear not my little one...all bits duly accounted for:thumb2

You really should try it, it is to say the least invigorating:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom