deleting e-mails

tonys

My outlook express keeps refusing to delete messages, tried reinstalling and it seems to work OK for a while, then goes again.
any ideas?

Is the "deleted items" folder set to empty itself when you close outlook express?

You can check the setting by selecting from the drop down menus
Tools - options - maintenance

There is a tick box for "empty messages . . . ."

Tony

Instead of just pressing the 'delete' key try holding the 'shift' key down and pressing the 'delete' key with the emails you want deleted highlighted.

This is a permanent delete and bypasses the deleted files folder so make sure you really don't want it anymore - useful for any spam that gets through.

HTH

Adam

Adam, works a treat! Don't understand why the deleted folder keeps hanging up though?

Dump Outlook Express and try to get a copy of the full Outlook or another mail client . Express has never been in the forefront of protection against SPAM, virus etc

And yes you can transfer your files from Express to Outlook but if you are using Netscape Mail there is some difficulty

Deleting emails (wityhout holdonf the shift key) only moves them to the Deleted folder, open that, press CTRL A (select all) and delete them from there.

Now they should be gone for good!

Iain

The problem is, they won't go to the 'deleted items' folder in the 1st place!

Why does it always get bloody silly?
Remembered I had a copy of Outlook 2000, installed it, copied addresses etc over from Express, uninstalled Express, all working OK, except I now get two copies of all incoming mails! WTF?

My outlook express keeps refusing to delete messages, tried reinstalling and it seems to work OK for a while, then goes again.
any ideas?
For repair outlook express items use dbx repair. It doesn't require any special knowledges and the process of recovering will be simply due to handy wizard. Programs uses modern ways of restoring data, interface, compatibility with any Windows OS, low system requirements.

top reply....

:D

the poor chap who asked the question will never read it, they took him... as well as AdamZ....:eek:

welcome to the forum there's a new boys area where you can say hello for real...:thumb

top reply....

:D

the poor chap who asked the question will never read it, they took him... as well as AdamZ....:eek:

welcome to the forum there's a new boys area where you can say hello for real...:thumb

it's spam

well they could still use the I'm new here section....:blast

Back
Top Bottom