On route??

digga

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Shamelessly copied from another forum...

Has anyone any experience of this product??

This looks an interesting product. Anyone want to buy it and let me know what it's like

http://www.on-route.com

Quote:
I tend to use Auto-Route for my quick and dirty route planning, then create my actual routes in Mapsource ready for download.

Why would I want to use On-Route instead?? - Very interested to know the advantages?

Quote:
This software is much better for finding scenic roads when planning a route, MapSource can avoid highways and favour small roads, but where a pass is small or especially twisty, MapSource will often decide that the road is too long and direct you another way. On-Route, has a take ''scenic roads'' option which is more than a simple avoid, this builds routes that are near to features of interest (forests, lakes, and roads with many turns), it is complimentary to MapSource, but it does much more of these type of things.

On-Route generates options for your routes that you can choose between and compare directly, it also has a very cool 'excursion wizard' which allows you to plan and preview day trips from and returning to the same location with various options.

In addition to that it does more with pois and has lots of pre-generated routes built in, so think of it as an easy way to plan better trips.

It's true that MapSource is already a useful product, but On-Route builds on the best features of MapSource for bikers particularly and so is a logical extension to it for those left wanting.

That's taking it from a purely Garmin point of view, but on-route is also very useful for TomTom (where it extends the possibilities of route planning enormously) and also allows non-gps users to benefit from many of the cool features of a GPS without having to spend the money on one.

Shamelessly copied from another forum...

Has anyone any experience of this product??

This looks an interesting product. Anyone want to buy it and let me know what it's like

http://www.on-route.com

Quote:
I tend to use Auto-Route for my quick and dirty route planning, then create my actual routes in Mapsource ready for download.

Why would I want to use On-Route instead?? - Very interested to know the advantages?

Quote:
This software is much better for finding scenic roads when planning a route, MapSource can avoid highways and favour small roads, but where a pass is small or especially twisty, MapSource will often decide that the road is too long and direct you another way. On-Route, has a take ''scenic roads'' option which is more than a simple avoid, this builds routes that are near to features of interest (forests, lakes, and roads with many turns), it is complimentary to MapSource, but it does much more of these type of things.

On-Route generates options for your routes that you can choose between and compare directly, it also has a very cool 'excursion wizard' which allows you to plan and preview day trips from and returning to the same location with various options.

In addition to that it does more with pois and has lots of pre-generated routes built in, so think of it as an easy way to plan better trips.

It's true that MapSource is already a useful product, but On-Route builds on the best features of MapSource for bikers particularly and so is a logical extension to it for those left wanting.

That's taking it from a purely Garmin point of view, but on-route is also very useful for TomTom (where it extends the possibilities of route planning enormously) and also allows non-gps users to benefit from many of the cool features of a GPS without having to spend the money on one.

HA Ha :blast Digga this was posted by me here on UKGSERS yesterday and David shamelessly blagged it to put on his other forum. LOL

I've now seen the video and I'm in.

I'll keep folks posted on how it works out.

I spotted it on www.larf-online.com

word seems to be getting around :)

I have watched the vid as well.. looks a good product to be honest.

It is a very good product, Whatton has told me that he's going to do a review of it, so hopefully you should get some good information from that.

In the meantime, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

David

Hi there,

Whatton was supposed to be doing a review of On-Route but I recently got an email from him saying that he'd tried to run it but his PC was too slow.

Therefore I am now looking for someone who could write a review of On-Route and write it up.

Let me know if you're interested in doing an evaluation if it, obviously people who have a thorough knowledge of mapping and technology are preferred as this is not really a product for beginners.

PM or email me if you're interested.

Merry Christmas!

David

Back
Top Bottom