John Clarks Aberdeen

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On Saturday I went into John Clarks in Aberdeen with a full intention to put a deposit down on a new GS1200 but the guy just didn't want to sell me one. I was stunned and walked out.
I have pondered since and went back in again today with all the details of my present 2001 R850GS top get an idea of how much they would offer in Part Ex against a new 1200 or a new Black Adventure but after the sales rep talked to his "main man" I got the distinct impression that he didn't want to do a deal. The best he could do was to say he would phone me shortly with a price but as they already had to GS's for sale they thought 3 may be to many. I commented that I couldn't see any GS's for sale and was informed that they are stored out of the way!!!

He never phoned back either.

My business is going elsewhere.

I'm still Gob Smacked, I wouldn't pay these guys with washers.

Any recomendations of a dealer that takes BMW's in Part Exchange for New BMW's.........

SPC Hampshire

Andy,

I had exactly the same experience a couple of years ago with SPC in Hampshire. Like you, I walked in credit card in hand ready to put down a deposit on a new GS, but the salesman was completely uninterested. At one point he said, "I get three or four people a week coming in here wanting to buy a GS," which I guess was supposed to justify his disinterest. I know that dealers get a quota of bikes from BMW each year and wondered if they had run out of GSs for that year, but all he had to do was tell me so. He just didn't seem to care and, as it was the first time I had walked into their showroom, left a lasting impression on me. Instead I gave my business to Vines of Guildford and have had nothing but truly excellent service over the years. Not much help to you all the way up in Aberdeen, but just wanted you to know you're not the only one who's had that experience.

Many people I've met rave about SPC and ride miles to hand over their hard earned sheckles, but I wouldn't give them a chewed toffee.

Cant understand the attitude of some dealers you would think they would want to at least try and help. The only problem you have got is getting hold of one supplies are short. If you dont mind travelling i would ring all dealers

Get yourself over to Mottorad Central in Glasgow, I gave up with the Clarke group 18 months ago, Give them a call on 0141 762 3443.

Pete A

Andy, get yourself to Motorrad Central - look out for John or Clive -phone them first. Excellent people. Very helpful. They give what I would call "old fashioned service." Its either that or they saw me coming, but I don't think so.

Re: SPC Hampshire

Pipe & Slippers said:
Many people I've met rave about SPC and ride miles to hand over their hard earned sheckles, but I wouldn't give them a chewed toffee.
almost identical to my experience. Ended up buying from Vines as well. SPC didn't appear to give a stuff.

another vote for the motorrad boys in glasgow, they even took my RSV Mille in against the adv and gave a good price, so you should have no probs with yours..... :D :thumb

Andy
Word on the street is that JC in Aberdeen is giving up on bikes. Apparently a B*W exec was in the showroom telling Mr JC what he wanted done and how he wanted it done. This didnt go down too well and after a few expletives JC told him what to do with his bikes and they will now be moved to Dundee. May go some way to explain his disinterest.

Jim,
I think you are right there. I was in Shirlaws yesterday for a nosey and they told me the same thing. Apparently Shirlaws were BMW agents for 30 years prior to John Clarks and he said BMW would not be happy if they gave up the dealership so we'll have to wait and see. In the mean time Mottarad in Glasgow seem to be coming up with the goods.

Have Fun

AndyT

Huh J C's in Dundee are no better, I will NEVER recommend them to anyone I know , twice I've been in to be given the cold shoulder , perhaps cos I had the audacity to enter through the car showroom with my biking gear on, never have I had such a negative responce from the sales prevention team as is there. Twice they had PROMISED to call me back, no call, so I bought a GS elsewhere wanted handguards so went in reluctantly to be greeted by SPT who recognised me " I was just about to call you " LOL :D anyway told him about my requirements for hand guards I'll get a brochure 10 mins later still no sign of him , lo and :GS:GS:GS:GSin behold hes only on the bloody phone to someone, so out I went never to return ,
well done John Clark group even if I win the lottery you'll not be getting anything from me!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: really:mad:

Back
Top Bottom