Supermoto Team Challenge anyone?

Jezza

Reaction score
Who’s up for a bit of supermoto team racing at Newmarket and Fleet, Hants.

Clews provide the Yamaha WR450f and clothing. Cost (Based on 4 people per team) £449 per team per race – so £112.25 per person per race.

2004 Dates
April 28 - Wild Tracks, Newmarket (Off road section included)
May 19 - Fleet, Eelmore
June 25 - Wild Tracks, Newmarket (Off road section included)
July 7 - Fleet, Eelmore
Final - August 18

See Clews Leisure website for more info

I have done a CCM supermoto day, its an absolute gas. Not as loony as a full on track day, and quite a bit cheaper.

PS You can see how its done at Brands Hatch on Sunday 1st Feb 2004, British Winter Champs, might see you there.

Crazy not as Crazy as a Baker on bAKING pOWDER

Come on you wimps its got to be safer than commuting to central london every day by bike frinstance.

G..

supermoto track day

would love to join you guys for the supermoto track day unfortunatly i'm still on bloody crutches.
My girlfriend bought me a ccm day, what do you recommend jezza; doing the training or going for the track day as i have the choice, i've done a few track days before and am an advanced rider so i can handle myself

Re: supermoto track day

tommy tank said:
would love to join you guys for the supermoto track day unfortunatly i'm still on bloody crutches.
My girlfriend bought me a ccm day, what do you recommend jezza; doing the training or going for the track day as i have the choice, i've done a few track days before and am an advanced rider so i can handle myself

tommy tank,

1st you will need to get off those crutches, so get well soon, I found SM quite physical, as you work quite hard keeping the plot upright.

Your track day experience will be very useful, have you done any off-road? Cause mostly the technique you need to adopt is to sit up the front of the seat and push the bike down into the corner, with your inside leg skimming the tarmac for support. Also when you get up to speed you will start getting power slides, which aren’t as scary as they sound as long as you really concentrate and take the appropriate action.

Probably you would be better doing the CCM training day, the Lydd track is built for kart racing and is quite tight and twisty but has a useful back straight leading to a tight bend, if your good at very late braking you will really enjoy it.

Don’t expect to be backing it into corners on your first session, that is a difficult as it looks.

Thanx for the advice, sorry forgot to mention i've got no off road experience was so excited about posting my first mail...
Can't wait to get back on two wheels, i'll keep working on the ankle, maybe next time you can show me around, have a good one

Back
Top Bottom