Rapid Bike for GS 800

Adamski

I've been here for a while and read everything you wrote people. It was very helpful, I've learn a lot about my new bike from you :bow
Here are my "five cents". I installed Rapid Bike and here are the results. It didn't gain almost any HP or Nm, maybe just 1:nenau, but the fuel economy get much better, power delivery is much smoother and the gears get somehow "longer" I can go now on the first gear almost till 100 km/hr.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,524
Interesting. I have a RB3 on my R1200S, but have yet to run down to the dyno to tweak.

Did you do any tuning of the RB unit whilst on the dyno, or are you just using some stock map for the 800 (+ Akra, looks like)? I'd be interested to see what would happen with more tweaking.

I'm surprised you're getting better fuel economy, though that could jibe with not really having more power (it's not doing much enrichening).

Any chance you notice less off-idle snatch? Does engine braking change much? Did you diddle with the throttle position "resolution" settings?

RB was tweaked after every run on dyno. All process took almost whole day. The mapping is now 3D so I didn't understand much. He said that BMW did good job with the mapping, what he could do was get more power delivery on the lower revs by making fuel-air ratio more rich in some points. What I'm feeling now, wheely is much easier, around 120 km/hr engine runs smoother with better throttle response, engine braking didn't change much. There is no K&N filter yet, this can change things, but not much. I have Akra demper with no Db killer.

Interesting. The low-down power boost would be nice, definitely. Maybe I should get the wiring harness for the 800 and give it a go. I already have the unit. Where did you get your setup? And did they have a starter map? Or would you be willing to share your map?

BTW, did you happen to do a dyno run on the bike before you put the Akra on? I assume it wouldn't make much diff, but just in case ...

Interesting. The low-down power boost would be nice, definitely. Maybe I should get the wiring harness for the 800 and give it a go. I already have the unit. Where did you get your setup? And did they have a starter map? Or would you be willing to share your map?

BTW, did you happen to do a dyno run on the bike before you put the Akra on? I assume it wouldn't make much diff, but just in case ...

I did it in Holland since I'm living here:) Addres and tel. are on the sheets. As far I know the map doesn't exist yet, everything was done manually, this way he has to make so many runs on the dyno, tweaking stuff on his computer.
I was the first with GS800 and I don't have the map , as I said it's 3D on his computer so you need the RB newest software to read it. I didn't run dyno before Akra, it was fitted right away by my dealer, RB came 3 months later. I'll ask the guy what are the possibilities for sharing the map. :beerjug:

I was the first with GS800 and I don't have the map , as I said it's 3D on his computer so you need the RB newest software to read it. I didn't run dyno before Akra, it was fitted right away by my dealer, RB came 3 months later. I'll ask the guy what are the possibilities for sharing the map. :beerjug:

The RapidBike guy has lots of standard maps, not sure how they come by the initial ones, but those are generally "free" with the unit. You paid some money for yours, though, so it isn't great to get it for free ... hmm.

The RapidBike guy has lots of standard maps, not sure how they come by the initial ones, but those are generally "free" with the unit. You paid some money for yours, though, so it isn't great to get it for free ... hmm.

nice thing is I didn't pay anything:D ,but I'm not really technical with those stuff. I'll se the guy next week then I'll tell you everything.

Back
Top Bottom