hello

cassy

hello everybody am new to this so you will just have to give me a break lol.
this is the first bike iv had in 30 years i used to have a 250 suzuki, i got my bike on ebay its a r1150gs adventure i got a flight over to london from belfast in junuary this year so you can guess the look on my face when i seen this monster of a bike and had never been on anything as big as this before, it was pissing down and i was shi*ing myself at the thought of riding this bike home to belfast but i did and i love the bike now, think that is the best ride iv had or should i say the most frighting one lol.
anyway i just got the autocom for the bike i need help to connect the live wire up i need somewhere that it will turn of when i turn the bike of, i cant go into the breaklights as i have abs breaks, can anyone help please.........

hello back, cant help ya with ya answer but someone here is bound to know,if ya need a hand pm me

Welcome to the boards Cassy...................

health to wear yer new machine.................................:thumb2

Hi Cassy welcome and I hope you get great use out of the GS:thumb2
I'm not great on electrics even if there in front of me :confused::nenau:confused: but To be safe put a 5 amp inline fuse on the line to be sure there are no little puffs of smoke, :tears etc.

Hi Cassy

This might or mightn't be any help, but I have a powerlead for my TomTom Rider cradle hardwired into my GS - I spliced into the park light cable at the front left handside, just in front of the tank, just cos it was handy for mounting. From memory I don't think this circuit goes through the canbus but maybe someone can confirm this? I'm pretty sure I found that tip somewhere on this forum, so hopefully someone will know more.

Like I said, it may or may not be helpful, but it does power down when the ignition is off.:rolleyes:

Lectriks

Mr Thunder did a sterling job for me last weeeek.

He set up my HID light conversion.... me being an electrical numptie and all:blast.

If he offers advice, I reckon you should take note. He knows stuff!
And is from your part of the world if you are stuck:thumb

ps..... good choice of bike!

hi thunder never had tank of but think i could take it of ok there is only the one bolt holding it on as far as i can see,

im free

hi all thanks for the welcome, im free on sat if anyone wants to meet and give a hand or a bit of advice on the wiring ireland north or south,

hi all thanks for the welcome, im free on sat if anyone wants to meet and give a hand or a bit of advice on the wiring ireland north or south,
Hi Cassy,
welcome to the site.
I will have a look for you, I can cast my eye over the bike & tell you what to look out for as well if you like.
Give me a call, in Ballinderry, not far from you.
Brian.

hi brian would be glad to meet up with you, let me know where in ballinderry you want me to come to and when thanks cassy.

Hi cassy

Hi cassy welcome

...Mototech is your best bet!:thumb

Hi Cassy,
16E Lower Ballinderry Road
Upper Ballinderry
BT28 2JB
Open Saturday 9-12.30.
Look forward to meeting you.
Brian.

Ps....
Mototech can you put your GPS address on for Lisburn breakdown reference

P.s.Do you open on the twelfth! :p

anyway i just got the autocom for the bike i need help to connect the live wire up i need somewhere that it will turn of when i turn the bike of, i cant go into the breaklights as i have abs breaks, can anyone help please.

Don't know if you got sorted bud.What I did was crimp the red/live wire of your Autocom to the Green wire with black strip in the fuse box under the seat (1150GS).Don't foget the fuse. Did the trick for me:thumb

Welcome

I think the auto com switchs off when you disconnect the connector to the riders helmet ... there fore you can connect the unit direct to the battery via a in line fuse as the unit will power down and swich off when you disconnect you helmet .... Another handy place to get a 12v feed from is the from the feed to the aux power socket

I think the auto com switchs off when you disconnect the connector to the riders helmet ... there fore you can connect the unit direct to the battery via a in line fuse as the unit will power down and swich off when you disconnect you helmet .... Another handy place to get a 12v feed from is the from the feed to the aux power socket

I don't think it does actually, heard a number of reports of it draining batteries by being connected to a live feed.

Problem is it's like the light inside the fridge, you don't know its on unless you open the door. :blast

hello everybody am new to this so you will just have to give me a break lol.
this is the first bike iv had in 30 years i used to have a 250 suzuki, i got my bike on ebay its a r1150gs adventure i got a flight over to london from belfast in junuary this year so you can guess the look on my face when i seen this monster of a bike and had never been on anything as big as this before, it was pissing down and i was shi*ing myself at the thought of riding this bike home to belfast but i did and i love the bike now, think that is the best ride iv had or should i say the most frighting one lol.
anyway i just got the autocom for the bike i need help to connect the live wire up i need somewhere that it will turn of when i turn the bike of, i cant go into the breaklights as i have abs breaks, can anyone help please.........

Cassy

We were talking about bikes today in Newcastle and I forgot to get your phone number, if you can contact our friend with the screen who's number you do have and ask him for mine give me a shout, I have a solution to one of your requirements. :augie

Back
Top Bottom