entering waypoints direct into a Quest

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking at GPS options for the HL...

Have been trying a 60CS, thanks Andy

Garmin have offered a cheap Zumo... bit to flash for myt needs

Met Nick Plumb the other day and when hearing I already own a Quest 1 said it's a great device use that.

Each day the HL will provide waypoints and most people will have a laptop to load these. My plan was to down load from someones laptop however if I need to enter direct to the Quest how do you do it?

I'm stumped

Does anybody know if you can use an external arial if you use a TT mount?

Cheers

Wreford

I presume you want to enter something like ...

N51 17.109 W0 05.804

Store any location - push and hold the OK button is the quickest way (it stores the current location).

Now open this location as if to edit it and you can change the co-ords.

I presume you want to enter something like ...

N51 17.109 W0 05.804

Store any location - push and hold the OK button is the quickest way (it stores the current location).

Now open this location as if to edit it and you can change the co-ords.

If you move the pointer away from your present location and press OK it brings up the waypoint details page straight away, ready for editing with the new co-ords :thumb2

........ Each day the HL will provide waypoints and most people will have a laptop to load these. My plan was to down load from someones laptop however if I need to enter direct to the Quest how do you do it?......

Don't forget that the laptop will have to have your 25 digit unlock code for the specific version of the mapping

Don't forget that the laptop will have to have your 25 digit unlock code for the specific version of the mapping

I am pretty sure you only need the unlock code to download MAPS. You can download waypoints and routes to any Garmin GPS.

I am pretty sure you only need the unlock code to download MAPS. You can download waypoints and routes to any Garmin GPS.

Thats correct, I downloaded waypoints from Fanums laptop onto my Quest and Zumo :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom