G450X replacement tyres

ovenpaa

Reaction score
The tyres are going to need replacing soon, hopefully they will last until the end of November and the DK adventure. I am currently running the standard Metzeler MCE 6 Day Extreme's and will need something for a mix of very hard ground (think frozen) and sand, an unusual combination so any suggestions?

Having sand and hard ground at each end of the tyre spectrum doesn't help, but I'll be fitting Michelin AC10 after the Six Days have worn out. A decent all round tyre that is all so DOT rated so road legal.

Timpo.

i like enduro competion 3 and 4 from michelin.

I had Comp3's on my Husqavana 610 (left kick monster not the gay road bikey one).

Lasted ...oooooooh 15 minutes on the road :(:(:(:(

Great off road tyre, but wear too quick IMO.

it's an offroad tyre not a road tyre.

Every thing depands on the twist off you're right hand.
I road 2500km (1000 km on tarmac) on mich end comp 3 en 4 in the Eastern europe rally(poland, hungary stechie romania and back in 7 days. on one set off tyres with bibmousse.(drz440 )
I love the tyre, but be gentle on tarmac is melts like snow indeed, but then again, its an offroad tyre......

http://easterneuroperally.com/index.php?lang=en

www.topspeedtv.nl 2x20minutes oost europa rally

If your planning on doing any events (Hare and Hounds) then the six days are the best to stick with, being FIM approved. The Mich AC10 is a good and long lasting road legal tyre 120/90 for the back, but is not FIM so would be no good for most ACU run enduros.

Many thanks for your replies, I am still undecided on which way to go. I use the bike a lot right now and off road the 6 days are great however on road the back wears very quickly, my view is I do more damage on down shifts with engine braking than on acceleration, having said that the standard rear at 20psi will spin in third on wet tarmac.

I have a feeling given the type of bike it is nothing will last very long based on the mix of on/off road I am using it for. I need something between a Sahara 3 and the 6 Day Extreme :(

Baja and Dessert are goed for dry conditions.

If the were good for wet conditions the would be named like "sea"or "swamp"

i guess.

But the do have a longer life on tarmac

Pirelli?

Hi, how about the Pirelli MT21?? Used them a lot on the 640Adv. Havent tried them on the G yet...

Ac 10 on the rear and six days up front great combination that will handle most things.
Had the MT21 on the rear of the 610 with a lot of tarmac miles and it was superb but the compromise is off road its just not got quite as much bite.

Jay B

Back
Top Bottom