800GS Vario top case help required

• Thread starter keepoffthemarbles
  • Start date

keepoffthemarbles

I’m looking at a Vario topcase for my 800GS. This is purely for commuting so panniers are not a consideration.

My Dealer told me the mounting rack comes ready for the panniers, however I want to avoid any unnecessary metal work, but I’m not sure if there is a mounting option for the top case that doesn’t include side case mounting or is the kit modular, i.e. I get the whole lot but only need to fit the top case mounting hardware.

The more I spoke to the dealer the more confused I became. From these very pages I found a listing for…

F650/800GS
Vario panniers L&R
Vario panniers carrier & fitting kit

Vario top case
Large carrier for vario top case

This suggests to me that the pannier fitting kit and top case fitting kit are not the same item.

Help, please.

I've just taken mine off the 800 and fitted to SWMBO's new 650, so you only need the carrier, it fits to the OE grab bars no problems. :thumb

Thanks for the replies guys.

SWMBO kindly flew over to the dealers to pick one up for me. I was desperate after my ruck sack nearly strangled me again today..:blast

Anyway, the chap convinced her I needed the carrier as well so she got it and, guess what, I don't need it. So it's on it's way back tomorrow.

Vario box is now fitted and will be stuffed full of laptop and sarnies tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the replies.

Marbles.

Back
Top Bottom