Best colours Andy classic Yam I had an RD400 that colour

Looks great:clap

Phase two complete

Deal done on a Triumph Tiger today collect next friday:thumb

Not everyones cup of tea but I like it

I'm not ruling out a return to a GS at some point in the future but who knows

Stumpy

Tiger_2009_510x347.jpg

Good choices, for a big capacity traillie I may have gone KTM though...............but I approve of the Tenere (very nice)

Good choices, for a big capacity traillie I may have gone KTM though...............but I approve of the Tenere (very nice)

KTM was my second choice. I think for you Johnny and quite a few GSers who do take their bikes off road the KTM a better bike. But for me I felt the Tiger being a little bit smoother and more comfortable on a longer run was the right choice.

Tiger- long distance/ two up road touring
Tenere- solo adventure touring and "mild" off roading

Stumpy

Saw one on the road yesterday coming in the opposite direction, looked like he had TT panniers on, it looked real purpose full :thumb

Saw one on the road yesterday coming in the opposite direction, looked like he had TT panniers on, it looked real purpose full :thumb

Yes lots of companies are already doing "farkles" for them.

I have a full set of Metal Mules and MM do racks for the XTZ, Tiger and my Scrambler so one set on luggage will fit 3 of my bikes:thumb

Rides like a softer KTM640ADV which suits me just fine.

Feels quite tall but light. Sits at 75mph/4500 rpm and is quite smooth with very little buffeting. The seat feels like it need upgrading for long distance.

Thinking about fitting a high front mudguard/beak. When riding on wet roads quite a bit of shite gets thrown up between the front forks and over the tank

Stumpy

When riding on wet roads quite a bit of shite gets thrown up between the front forks and over the tank

Stumpy, I couldn't agree more.

387224458_ob97p-M.jpg

The bolt holes in the lower yoke are the same pitch as a YZ/WR450, the only thing you need to watch is that the rear of the mudguard clears the Radiator.
I do have a new mudguard here, it's an Acerbis Teknic (sp) that I decided not to fit.

Timpo.

Attachments

• acerbis-fenders-front-tecnik-front-fenders_4.jpg
    acerbis-fenders-front-tecnik-front-fenders_4.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 773
Stumpy, I couldn't agree more.

387224458_ob97p-M.jpg

The bolt holes in the lower yoke are the same pitch as a YZ/WR450, the only thing you need to watch is that the rear of the mudguard clears the Radiator.
I do have a new mudguard here, it's an Acerbis Teknic (sp) that I decided not to fit.

Timpo.

Cheers for that. I've wondering what will fit etc.

If you want shot of it let me know:thumb

Stumpy

Both bikes are on my list for the near future and very interested in the yams performance, i very nearly did the deed in Mr Whites of Swindon couple of weeks ago :augie and when i shift one of my current stable i may well do that !

I had a new one of them.................and hair

Attachments

• Picture 091 (Small).jpg
    Picture 091 (Small).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 619
Currently looking for one of these in White, few about in dealers but don't want to pay full list, cannot find one on the 2nd hand market and white is not a 09 colour either.
Anyone spotted a deal or know of one for sale ? has Stumpy finished with his yet :augie

Back
Top Bottom