To TKC or Not to TKC

santrix

Reaction score
Ok ive had my 800GS 2 weeks. They road tyres are lovely, but so are green lanes.

Do I;

A). Wait untill the roadies are worn out then get TKCs and do some lines (lanes)

or

B). Yeeeehahhhhh 21" front wheel (i come from single 650GS @ 19" wobbly-o-matic), strip them roadies, get the knobbly rubber on (ooo-err missus) and play play play whislt trying to forget how virginal (oo-err again) the bike is....

Your sensible and well thought out remarks posted below would be appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

Take the street rubber off and flog it for about the same as a new pair of TKC's then go and have fun on the bike.....it's whatit was made for ;)

TKCs or Heidenaus's K60 work well as all rounders on 1150 so should do the same on a equally powered but lighter bike.
It is easy to embarass sports bikes with either type - the look on their visors when they have been outleaned by a tractor with knobblies is worth any theoretical disadvantages.:thumb

Junk the OE's..TkC's are great, just take it a bit easier in the wet (and until the bikes run in) :thumb2

Oh i know how TKCs behave, been there ridden em to the max this summer.... Right decision made.. TKCs it is...

After todays rid ein the wet a nd mud, don`t think it would matter a great deal.

I saw you looking longingly at those tracks and green lanes in Wales so get the feckin TKC`s on:thumb

Wet or Dry TKC's fly

Oh i know how TKCs behave, been there ridden em to the max this summer.... Right decision made.. TKCs it is...

Yeap endorse that, hardly notice the difference between a TKC and Tourance. Mind you save yourself some money and buy Heidenaus:thumb2