More Permanent TROs in Hampshire

Clive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
From...

Proposed Traffic Regulation Orders
Hampshire County Council proposes to make a number of Traffic Regulation Orders in the Spring of 2009 that will prohibit the use of specified Byways Open to all Traffic (BOATs) by certain classes of vehicle, in order to preserve the character or surface of the route from an unsustainable level of use.

Officers recommend the imposition of a Seasonal TRO, under section 1 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, on the following route

Hawkley BOAT Nos.24 and 26 – Standfast Lane.
An Order prohibiting all mechanically propelled vehicles from using this route between 1 November and 30 April each year, under s1(b) and 1(f).
Officers recommend the imposition of a Permanent TRO, under section 1 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, on the following routes

Buriton BOAT No.45, under s1(b) - all mechanically propelled vehicles
Chawton BOAT No.10, under s1(b) - all mechanically propelled vehicles
East Meon BOAT No.42 – Halnaker Lane. Upgrade the existing TRO (which currently applies only to four-wheeled vehicles) north of HMS Mercury to include all motorised vehicles, under s1(a), s1(b) and s1(e) - all mechanically propelled vehicles Farringdon BOAT No.26, under s1(b) - all mechanically propelled vehicles
Four Marks BOAT No.25, under s1(b) - all mechanically propelled vehicles
Rockbourne BOAT No.32 – section east of the Rockbourne Road only, under s1(b) and s1(c) - all mechanically propelled vehicles
Whitsbury BOAT No.19a, under s1(b) and s1(c) - all mechanically propelled vehicles
Officers recommend the imposition of a Permanent TRO, under section 1 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, on the following route

Fareham BOAT 125 - Glen Road, under s1(f). Limited to mechanically propelled vehicles with three or more wheels.
Legal Notices to this effect were posted on site and in the local press in October 2008 and Officers are currently collating feedback from representatives of user groups and individual members of the public. If you wish to make your views known, either for or against the proposal, please forward them to

Andrew Jones
Network Development Officer
Rights of Way Office, Hampshire County Council
Rm 200, Mottisfont Court, High Street
Winchester SO23 8ZF

email andrew.jones@hants.gov.uk

Clive, what's the form for objecting? Do we just write back and say "I object" or do we need some words and context?

Clive, what's the form for objecting? Do we just write back and say "I object" or do we need some words and context?
Generally there has to be a "valid" reason for objection.

I don't think there is a specific format as such - google search for "tro objection" should give some format examples.

From...

Proposed Traffic Regulation Orders
Hampshire County Council proposes to make a number of Traffic Regulation Orders in the Spring of 2009 that will prohibit the use of specified Byways Open to all Traffic (BOATs) by certain classes of vehicle, in order to preserve the character or surface of the route from an unsustainable level of use.

]

Ho hum onto the bridleways & footpaths we go

I believe the period for public consultation is passed (6th Nov close date IIIRC).

However contacting them MAY still help but don't hold your breath.

What will definitely help tho is attending the public enquiry next week on Tuesday 18th November at Meonstoke Village Hall, 10:00-16:00.

Also joining the TRF and keeping an eye on their forum will get news like this to you quicker so you CAN make the deadlines (hopefully).
The money you pay to join will go towards the fight to keep lanes like this open for motorcycle use too. Money well spent.

Fareham BOAT 125 - Glen Road, under s1(f). Limited to mechanically propelled vehicles with three or more wheels.

That's got to be a first...........or is it a typo?
If you have the reason for this handy, I'd like to have a read......

Timpo.

That's got to be a first...........or is it a typo?
If you have the reason for this handy, I'd like to have a read......

Timpo.
It means vehicles with three or more wheels are prohibited I think. Badly written.

Just a reminder about the Halnaker Lane Public Enquiry tomorrow if anyone is free. I am going, along with some other guys from the local TRF.

I walked the lane on Sunday and can see no reason for a permanant TRO for M/Cs, its in very good condition, great visibility on 90% of the route and very wide. Having spent over 3 hours on the lane (its very long!!) I saw 6 other walkers and that was it.

The main problem seems to be Mr Geaves who lives at Coombe Cross and has drip fed complaints to Hampshire County Council over the last few years. I know its his personal mission to get this lane closed to vehicles as his property backs onto the lane.:(

the Halnaker Lane Public Enquiry

For those of us who are incapable of using Google effectively, where is this exactly?

Here?

Meonstoke Village Hall
Pound La
Meonstoke, Southampton, Hampshire, SO32 3NP

For those of us who are incapable of using Google effectively, where is this exactly?

Here?

Meonstoke Village Hall
Pound La
Meonstoke, Southampton, Hampshire, SO32 3NP
Yes it was.

No news yet, cept to say I think our corner was stood well by all concerned.
Whether that will make a blind bit of difference only time will tell.
Keep yer fingers crossed tho.

Back
Top Bottom