Race School

Nasty1

Reaction score
A group of M8's and I are looking to do some sort of race school next year.

I have looked around the web and only really found the 'Superbike school'. Now it does have a good reputation but not suitable unless you have all the kit etc.

Are there any other options about that allows you to hire the gear etc, I done the old Yamaha FZR school years ago and they supplied all the kit, but this is now surpassed by said Superbike school.

Any ideas?

Adie

I still think California Superbike School is worth it. I have done levels 1 and 2 and am going back next year for level 3.
I have had varying reports of the Ron Haslam Race School but mostly great things about CSS - especially Levels 1 and 2.

You don't necessarily need all the gear yourself - you can hire their bikes and leathers if you wish, although it makes it fairly expensive.

www.superbikeschool.co.uk

Brands

Did the race school at Brands hatch a few years back,they supplied the gear was fab.....

Did the race school at Brands hatch a few years back,they supplied the gear was fab.....

Brands would be good as its local, I have looked on their webby but they had no info on race schools I could see....do you have any other details who it was with, links maybe?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Adie

I still think California Superbike School is worth it. I have done levels 1 and 2 and am going back next year for level 3.... You don't necessarily need all the gear yourself - you can hire their bikes and leathers if you wish, although it makes it fairly expensive.

I did the CSS Level 1 year before last, and level 2 last year, both on my GS. I did hire leathers as my day to day textile suite wasn't good enough for the track. Level one was at Silverstone (Stowe) circuit, and Level 2 at Rockingham. Level 1 was brilliant, Level 2 good, but not as much an eye-opener for me.

I would certainly recommend the CSS - I think the tuition is first class.

And you learn how to go round corners better - something you can apply to the road.

http://www.haslamraceschool.com/ at donnington. Never been myself but this would be one I'd try to go to.

Col:thumb2

Went a few years back, first on my own then took son along. Enjoyed the 600`s, but the Fireblades datalogging was "wonky" - well I think so, as it felt much faster than it said!:jes

Seriously worth a trip or two, some use it as a trackday substitute because use of all the gear is included, and you get coaching too.
:thumb2

http://www.haslamraceschool.com/ at donnington. Never been myself but this would be one I'd try to go to.

Col:thumb2

Went a few months ago,very well run sessions not to long or to short,depending who ya get tuition is great / or very good.A few ex TT guys and current bsb riders all there.

Instrucion in our group was by Guy Martin and AJ Venter to name 2.

Guess they know a bit:rolleyes:

If ya do it go out in the second group as ya get the tyres warmed up for ya .;) so ya can gas it from the off.

Only down side is if ya bin it ya dont ride again that day.

+1 for Ron Haslam, went for my 40th which unfortunately is 11years ago now:eek:, my tutor was some 250 racer called Steve Plater!!!

Obviously went on to better things, must have listened to the advice I gave him...........ahem

257zmvc.jpg

Teejay

Circuit based training

Great one day advanced cornering course at mallory park by Circuit based training.

Loads of track and classroom time, corner entry, apex, exit techniques, mid bend adjustment, body position and knee down, oh and 100mph emergency braking techniques both straightline and mid bend :eek:

Back
Top Bottom