And another new one!

LindaS

Reaction score
Hi all
I bought a F650 GS on Sunday, a 2005 model. The test ride was so convincing, I just had to do it. I'll pick it up on Saturday.It'll be a 2 hour trip to get it home, I hope for reasonable weather.
This is my 7th bike in three years, I guess I just bought the wrong ones. The GS just feels right.
I got my licence many years ago but never had a bike until 3 years ago. So far I bought all my bikes without a testride, big (costly) mistake. They were all nice bikes but wrong for me, too heavy, too fast, too scary.
When I did my testride on the GS, for the first time I was able to concentrate on the riding not on the bike. It didn't scare me at all.
It's just a shame, that the bike season is over now. I'm pretty much a fair weather rider so far. Maybe the GS will give me more confidence in the wet.
I will still keep the GS for good. For really bad weather, I've got a Suzuki VanVan, which is a nice little bike.

Bye for now
Linda

Welcome. :thumb
I'm sure Duchess will be along presently to formally introduce you to the "Heels" section.
Mark

Hi as well, good bit of kit is to get a touring scottoiler and fit it behind the number plate.

Don't have a ride on the 650 twin just yet either ;)

Hi there and welcome. 7 bikes in 3 yrs, you are as bad as me! I had 6 in two yrs and finally settled (for now anyway) for my 1150, had him for over a yr now :thumb

Hi all
I bought a F650 GS on Sunday, a 2005 model. The test ride was so convincing, I just had to do it. I'll pick it up on Saturday.It'll be a 2 hour trip to get it home, I hope for reasonable weather.
This is my 7th bike in three years, I guess I just bought the wrong ones. The GS just feels right.
I got my licence many years ago but never had a bike until 3 years ago. So far I bought all my bikes without a testride, big (costly) mistake. They were all nice bikes but wrong for me, too heavy, too fast, too scary.
When I did my testride on the GS, for the first time I was able to concentrate on the riding not on the bike. It didn't scare me at all.
It's just a shame, that the bike season is over now. I'm pretty much a fair weather rider so far. Maybe the GS will give me more confidence in the wet.
I will still keep the GS for good. For really bad weather, I've got a Suzuki VanVan, which is a nice little bike.

Bye for now
Linda

Hey Linda, welcome to UKGSer, its good to see you here. Join in where you can, it'll make your stay a little more interesting and keep an eye open on the GS Events section of the forum.

Would be great to have more ladies along with us. :thumb2

I'm sure Duchess will be along presently to formally introduce you to the "Heels" section.
Thank you Mark :)

Yes, we have a section further down the forum ..... the ladies pop in there every now and again Linda :thumb2

Its not as lively as some parts of the forum but its usually the spot where we post about ladies meets etc. You'd be most welcome to join us.

Hi Linda & welcome along, here`s hoping for fine weather on Saturday for you, enjoy.....:thumb

Hi Linda, Keep an eye on the Northern section for ride outs etc.

Enjoy your new bike:thumb2

Welcome Linda, I used to be a fair weather rider untill I got a pair of TKC tyres and a some good warm kit. Now its 365 a year.

Treat yourself for christmas.
:thumb2

Welcome Linda, I used to be a fair weather rider untill I got a pair of TKC tyres and a some good warm kit. Now its 365 a year.

Treat yourself for christmas.
:thumb2

Heated clothing does really extend the comfortable season :) And your accessory socket should be able to easily handle it, easier than having it attached to the battery.

Back
Top Bottom