Going to Spain?

KAS

Hi if anyone is going to Spain for a trip and they cant be bothered to plan a route or would just like to travel one that others have done and enjoyed:D drop me a line.

I can email you a 2000miler. daily distances of 150 – 300 mile nicely split to give bum a rest and take in the sites. No motorway mainly roads less travelled. I can send it in auto route format.

We stayed in Paradors which are excellent and the staff proved very helpful and security minded for the bike.

Also
If anyone has a good route to north Italy, some time rideing there and then back. No motorway etc. then let me know. Say for a 14 day trip.

I am also off to spain later in the year towards the end of september. Bit of a costas run. First stop Gib for a night then to marbella then benidorm meet my mates and stop for 3nights ish upto barcelona and back up over the pair of knees and back towards england. Got 10 days so have to be a bit fluid. Will try and publish route also when I sort it.

KAS said:
Hi if anyone is going to Spain for a trip and they cant be bothered to plan a route or would just like to travel one that others have done and enjoyed:D drop me a line.

I can email you a 2000miler. daily distances of 150 – 300 mile nicely split to give bum a rest and take in the sites. No motorway mainly roads less travelled. I can send it in auto route format.

We stayed in Paradors which are excellent and the staff proved very helpful and security minded for the bike.

Also
If anyone has a good route to north Italy, some time rideing there and then back. No motorway etc. then let me know. Say for a 14 day trip.

Hi Kas.....

Please could you forward me the route as off to spain in september........Cheers
clive.nelson6@ntlworld.com...........

Any idea whereabouts you are going in spain clive ? perhaps we could meet up somewhere if convenient and have a beer.

gazza said:
Any idea whereabouts you are going in spain clive ? perhaps we could meet up somewhere if convenient and have a beer.

Hi Gazza..

Will be riding thru France(p/mouth-l/havre),over the pyrenees and then onto Tarragona,around 60 mls south of Barca...........1/09 to 14/9..

Whereabouts you off to then?....

Go to spain every year with a load of mates for a booze week in Benidorm. 25th year this year so thought I would ride down to Gibraltar then across to Marbella and then on to Benidorm to meet my mates for a couple or three days. When my head has cleared I am off north to Bacelona for a night then over the hill through andorra and up through france back to england. Unfortunately I am going later than you cos I want to go to princetown first, so expecting to catch plymouth santander around the 29 Sept 04 and back around the 8-10 October04

hi all,
sent the route out to those who wanted it.

we all seem to be off to spain in september.

I'm on the ferry on the 11th from Plymouth, then heading south to Andalusia and poss Alicante to cop some free accomodation with some friends.

If any one down that way and fancys meeting up to swap notes give me a shout.

"looking forward to warm roads, hot tyres, sunshine and a cold one (or two) in a new location every day.":cool:

Hi All,

Have tried sending to all those who want the route.
But a lot got bounced back as address failures.
So guys if you want the route email me and I will send it on.
I now have it in Auto route 2003 or word format.

If you have another format you require give me a shout and I’ll see what I can do.

have a good one.

SPAIN

GOING TO SPAIN IN JULY VIA BILBAO THEN DOWN TO RONDA AREA , ANY TIPS FOR ACCOM AND ROUTE TA

Hi Alan,
there is a great Parador in Ronda, check it out at www.parador.es

or if you want a more friendly traveller type hotel there is one down by the Arab bath called Alavera De Los Banos. they have a web site but cant think of it off hand.

Have stayed in both Parador for great views good food and a bit of luxury and enclosed parking. Right on top of the gorge by the bull ring.
Los Banos great welcome great food quiet area parking on the small street outside (some big trees to chain the bike to, had no trouble at all) Down the bottom of the valley 15 min walk into town.

Easy run from Ronda to Gib for a day trip or N Africa for a couple.

If you let me have your email will send route and some pickies if you want.

KAS said:
Hi Alan,
there is a great Parador in Ronda, check it out at www.parador.es

or if you want a more friendly traveller type hotel there is one down by the Arab bath called Alavera De Los Banos. they have a web site but cant think of it off hand.

Have stayed in both Parador for great views good food and a bit of luxury and enclosed parking. Right on top of the gorge by the bull ring.
Los Banos great welcome great food quiet area parking on the small street outside (some big trees to chain the bike to, had no trouble at all) Down the bottom of the valley 15 min walk into town.
Agreed , we stayed at that Parador last year for the Moto GP at Jerez, and rode in every day (70 miles one way) and we got into the circuit quicker than people who were staying in Jerez itself, 3 miles from the circuit !! :D :D :D

spain

going to costa del sol in july me and the missus and bike staying in ronda area ,any tips welcome. asta la vista.

Paradors

For anyone wanting to stay in the Paradors.. and they are pretty good, though not that cheap.

Anyway, always book direct with the Parador, as booking through the English agent costs a shed load more!

Just a handy tip....

Will

Route copy

Would appreciate a copy of the route please.

Tried to PM you, but you don't accept them do you?

Will

Back
Top Bottom