My last ride!

wayne

Reaction score
This may be my last ride (bike is up for sale) so is anyone up for a ride out next weekend? up the coast road around the top and back through the Sperrins Sat or Sunday anyone up for it

Doing jobs for people at cost price then expecting me to go back and fix things without payment:( so bike will be up for sale just to please them

It's ok carpetbagging on the GSA, but what will you buy next with all that cash ?

Doing jobs for people at cost price then expecting me to go back and fix things without payment:( so bike will be up for sale just to please them

Shit wayne i'm sure if you explain the situation to the people if you know the people they will not see you out of pocket

Shit wayne i'm sure if you explain the situation to the people if you know the people they will not see you out of pocket

yea right you obviously dont have customers like me, I think a will become a Pikey and tell them to F**k off and get a real price for the job

This may be my last ride (bike is up for sale) so is anyone up for a ride out next weekend? up the coast road around the top and back through the Sperrins Sat or Sunday anyone up for it

Sorry to hear this Wayne...
I was so close to doing the same a few weeks back,
but chilled for a few days... hit meself a kick in the arse
... still in the same boat, but still have me moto :thumb2

wayne it's a bit like "When they're gone they're gone!"

Take a couple of days out and weigh up the other options

You'll kick yerself if you sell yer bike!

How the Hell ya gonna clear your head when you get a ratty customer?

Drink? If ya are shout and I'll come help :aidan

Hi:
Take some quality time to think through your business. If you do good work or offer a good service you will be ok.
Talk to someone who is knowledgeable a mentor if you like.
Let them look at your business and how you quote, there is nothing better than getting the opinion of someone outside looking in. always talk things through with someone no exceptions (Just think how useful this forum has been to you).
Don’t be afraid to do some marketing courses. Every business needs a marketing strategy from a one man business to a multinational company.
You will be amazed how important marketing is when you get into it.
For example do you have flow charts to guide you through how to deal with a customer enquiry or for how you process an order?
Google up flow chart and look at some examples. Write your own flow charts, you may write 20 charts until you get one that works for you.
The most basic telephone marketing companies use flow charts a script if you like and they stick rigorously to it.
Talk the job through with your customers in a reasonable fashion and do not work for a loss. It is actually against company law to run a business at a loss it is called reckless trading.
The best advise I can give is don’t sit worrying about a business but put that energy into constructive thought and action.
I hope this helps and good luck.

Oh and the other thing

Charge a Substantial percentage of the market rate!

If they Whinge say that's the price! One job that pays you a decent rate is worth the time and effort that you'd put into 3 that mess you about

I think probably like me you have skill and undervalue your skills too much!

Think what a Reputable competitor would charge and pitch around that price

What is it that you do anyway Maybe we'll get a marketting ploy going for you on here :aidan:aidan

Fecking scandalous. I hope you get your money out of the bastards without having to sell your bike. :spitfire

A lot of advice here Wayne, got to be worth a try before parting with your moto :(

Sorry to hear you have made that decision mate, business is shit isn't it?

With mine I base my quotes on what i need to earn per day/half day plus costs, if they don't like it fcuk them. More importantly will not do work for family, friends or neighbours, with very little exceptions as they can perhaps unwittingly take the most advantage, often misinterpret kindness for weakness and always want the easiest, cheapest option and as in your case are never happy when it turns out to be less than they expected.

Had a few difficult regular customers this year that I won't have next, won't take their sh1t mate, and my business is in it's infancy, ha. Good luck whatever you do mate, cheers :beer:

Sorry to hear you have made that decision mate, business is shit isn't it?

With mine I base my quotes on what i need to earn per day/half day plus costs, if they don't like it fcuk them. More importantly will not do work for family, friends or neighbours, with very little exceptions as they can perhaps unwittingly take the most advantage, often misinterpret kindness for weakness and always want the easiest, cheapest option and as in your case are never happy when it turns out to be less than they expected.

:agree

Good luck Wayne and I do hope it doesn't come to selling your bike:beerjug:

Give us there details and we can send the boys round .Nothing like a few fellas with bats to make them cough up . As said before dont sell yet , hang on in there and chat to your suppliers , Hope you dont have to sell .

Wayne, many years ago I was in Hursts when they were up in Dundonald. I fell into conversation with a man who told me that about 5 years early he had sold his BM to help finance his daughter wedding. He was his opinion that it had been one of his worst decision, and that he would have been better keeping the bike and finding the money elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom