Greetings from Ottawa, Canada

Emmbeedee

Looks like a very useful site this one. Just traded in a R1150GS which I rode for 4 years, putting 100,000 kilometers on it, for a new to Canada F800GS and love the new bike!

It's so new around here that the insurance companies didn't have the model in their database so I couldn't insure it for a few days. It's on the road now, and has 1800 km, in just over two weeks of use.

I couldn't be happier! All the power of a R1150GS with 140 lbs less!

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how your community of users likes the bike since they've had it for much longer than North America.

I've had no staling issues yet (fingers crossed). :thumb

Mike (aka EmmBeeDee)

Thanks all!

Sure wish it was getting warmer rather than colder here in Canada... -11C with the wind chill this morning so I don't think I'll be going out for a ride today. Good day to sit by the fire.

Mike

Hi Mike & welcome along, hope you enjoy your stay.....:thumb
How about some Canadian "Ride Reports", would make interesting reading.

Hi Mike & welcome along, hope you enjoy your stay.....:thumb
How about some Canadian "Ride Reports", would make interesting reading.

Not much riding going on right now, except we did a bit of a local tour, 390 kilometers of back roads, last Friday when the temperature went as high as 16C. This week we're getting an "Arctic Clipper", and it's not much fun being outside, let alone on a bike. Going down to -10 tonight!

Last summer, when gas prices were at a record high($1.55 a liter which probably doesn't sound like much to you), we rode 8,000 kilometers on a trip to Newfoundland. The price of gas is now down to .77 a liter.

We normally put on 25,000 kilometers in a season. Most day rides were around 500 kilometers, especially when my wife still had her Ducati Supersport and we needed to keep on fast roads. Now that we both have new BMWs, me the 800GS and she the 650GS twin, we plan to do a little less mileage by using secondary and back roads, as well as abandoned railway lines which have been converted to trails.

We're planning another Newfoundland trip for next year; it's the only thing that keeps us sane!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom