New XChallenge :-)

DavidJames

Reaction score
Just picked up my new bike today from Wollaston's :D

It is an 08 with just 700 miles on the clock as it was run in and then used by one of the sales guys in the dawn-til-dusk enduro event. It has a few marks from the event but all of the plastics have been replaced and it comes fitted with some useful extras from Touratech.
The ride home from Northampton was mainly motorway becuase I had to get back quickly and I was surprised how well it handled. It seemed very happy at around 70-80, the engine was not screaming and had a little in reserve for overtaking and there was minimal wind noise and no buffeting:thumb The seat did take it's toll after a while, but at the end of the day I did not get it for motorway work - i have the GS for that.
When I came off the motorway, it really made me smile - that engine is brilliant fun, it pulls from anywhere.
Most of the farkles that I thought I might need for some greenlaning have been done already so the only thing I might get is the Acerbis front mudguard which looks very nice.
Just need to find someone/somewhere to play with it at the weekend:beerjug:

Attachments

• XC small.jpg
    XC small.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 493
Nice one... I am picking mine up in 4 weeks time. Second bike to my HP2:ronno:thumb2

Nice one David ,

I picked mine up today and rode it back from Guildford to Devon ... :mmmm

I'm still sitting on ice as you read this ..... :blast

I didn't take it over 55mph as it's fitted with a brand new pair Pro F.I.M Perelli Scorpion Competion knobblies and I didn't want to trash them - how these tyres can be road legal I don't know! :eek:

Now the play time begins .....

And that is a load of bike for that money.....
The bag-of-wind shock needs to go to favour me, but engine and chassis is great.

Timpo.

I don't think the type of use I will give it warrants a new shock, but who knows..........in the future:D...............then there will be the TT long range fuel tank and panniers:drool

And that is a load of bike for that money.....
The bag-of-wind shock needs to go to favour me, but engine and chassis is great.

Timpo.

Agreed...........

It's way cheaper than Honda XR's used to be (and some s/hand ones still are)

And what a better bike than it is compared to an XR

The XC will do things my XR's could never dream of

XC is the most underated dirt bike at present time

It is a stunning bike - but people overlook it

Most BMW owners haven't got a clue about them:blast and don't know how to ride one anyway:augie

When using the bike for commuting and perhaps a weekend away I was thinking how to solve the luggage issue and an idea came to me about the TT tailpack I used to use on my 1200.

Here it is along with a small airhawk pillion pad........works perfectly:

Attachments

• luggage small.jpg
    luggage small.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 353
I know - I was just showing that I was pleased with my deal :rolleyes:

And of course the off-road school bikes will be up for grabs soon for £2650:thumb2

.......err no- you lot are almost too late for that deal.

STOP PRESS ......... all but one of the school's X Challenges have been sold but my dealership are selling the '08 GS's for £5,750 - heated grips and warranty!

I am just getting to terms with getting on and off the bike ... :eek:

I find it very tricky ... any tips? I'm just a tad under six foot and I struggle

.......err no- you lot are almost too late for that deal.

STOP PRESS ......... all but one of the school's X Challenges have been sold but my dealership are selling the '08 GS's for £5,750 - heated grips and warranty!

I am just getting to terms with getting on and off the bike ... :eek:

I find it very tricky ... any tips? I'm just a tad under six foot and I struggle

Did you know there is a low seat option? Reduces the seat height by 1-2 inches, not sure if it will help that much getting on/off the bike becuase I guess the issue is swinging you leg over.:nenau

Did you know there is a low seat option? Reduces the seat height by 1-2 inches, not sure if it will help that much getting on/off the bike becuase I guess the issue is swinging you leg over.:nenau

Yes, thanks - but that would make me a little cramped when sitting ...

I think I've been just very used to my GSA - that seemed to lean over more on the side stand and was much lower!

Do I try and sit on and off the XC without the side stand down or what?

The very first time I went to get off I was nearly ejected from the seat by the rear shock and thought I was going to drop it....

Back
Top Bottom