TomTom power cable

phil1200gs

Reaction score
Hi guys,hoping to connect my TT Rider version2 to my 2008gs using the power socket located at the front.

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the correct connecting cable from. The only one TT sell is one that has two bare wires on one end and the connction to the Rider on the other.

Do I buy a plastic connector and fit it to the bare wires,then plug into GS socket??

Anyone done the same etc.

Cheers

Phil

You could do.

You will need to use the TomTom lead as some part of your setup as its the only place you will get a plug to match the TomTom.

If you dont mind loosing your cig socket then you could wire a plug onto it but I think there would be a much better hard wire solution if you were good with a soldering iron.

Just nudging your thread over to another section of the forum phil where I think you'll get more responses to your request.

:)

Connected my TT2 to the Canbus socket located at the front of my GSA, its a pig to find but it is there.

I used the TT2 power cable supplied and soldered a Canbus plug to the bare wires as per Stumpies guide :beerjug:. Do a search on 'canbus socket' and you will find the instructions, part numbers etc, its easy peesy

One thing I came across when using canbus socket to power the TT2 is not to switch the TT2 on till the bike is started, it will switch to battery power as the socket is disconnected when the bike is started

To overcome this there is a menu item somewhere that switches off the TT2 on loss of external power (cant rememner where) which is not set as default

hope this helps ! !:thumb

Back
Top Bottom