lighting/electrics question

motobiker

Reaction score
dumb question of the week.

If I have some auxillary 'spots' wired into the 'dip' will they go 'off' when the headlamp is on High beam?

I've the Standard headlamp with H4 bulb.

dumb question of the week.

If I have some auxillary 'spots' wired into the 'dip' will they go 'off' when the headlamp is on High beam?

I've the Standard headlamp with H4 bulb.

mine do...as there wired to the dip beam wiring loom.
but my high beam spots come in on full beam, so ok:thumb2

1100 gs , h4 bulb

not a sparky, but cud ye wire to both looms so they say on?

I'm taking it to a bike electrician to fit.. so I guess he will know. just wanted it confirmed on here first... as the alternative is wiring it into the tail light. As the vendor suggested to me.

Will see what the sparky has to say when I go see him.:thumb

gone for this set-up from 'how much' - http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1580548&postcount=1 adjusted for the 1100.

why not piggyback a set of high spots on too, fully covered then:thumb
wire driving lights to dip loom and spots to high beam....
of course ye need another set of lights:blast

tail light would work ,they just come on with driving lights but you need to fuse in between loom from rear light and spots.

ie they switch on when you turn on driving dip beam, and stay on when full beam used because they run from back light, not sure if back light goes out they will stay on, unless using a different Earth point...like i did with my LED stop brake winkers:D

why not piggyback a set of high spots on too, fully covered then:thumb
wire driving lights to dip loom and spots to high beam....
of course ye need another set of lights:blast

tail light would work ,they just come on with driving lights but you need to fuse in between loom from rear light and spots.

ie they switch on when you turn on driving dip beam, and stay on when full beam used because they run from back light, not sure if back light goes out they will stay on, unless using a different Earth point...like i did with my LED stop brake winkers:D

If I were to have another light (high beam) then I would like to follow this chaps idea. very neat I think.:thumb2

HellaFF75.jpg

MOT test

Tony.
I have an 1150 with the spots wired via a relay taking the switched 12v from the side lights, this way they will work with both dip or main beam, but as far as I am aware this will fail the MOT. They should only work with the main beam. So I just fitted a small connection near the spots and remove them for the MOT test. If you are getting them fitted by a sparky, its worth mentioning.

1100, the dip spots will go out when hi beam on,if wired that way
1150, spots will stay on as the low beam stays on when hi beam is on too,
u can make a 1150 spots go off on hi beam if u use 2 relays

Tony.
I have an 1150 with the spots wired via a relay taking the switched 12v from the side lights, this way they will work with both dip or main beam, but as far as I am aware this will fail the MOT. They should only work with the main beam. So I just fitted a small connection near the spots and remove them for the MOT test. If you are getting them fitted by a sparky, its worth mentioning.

no, they should pass:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom