Hello from the Lake Constance

bmwrover

Reaction score
Hi Tossers, just a short intoduction, ever since riding an early 1150 GSA I liked the bike a lot, but back then I still owned a VFR 750. In the meantime I sold my Honda and rode around on a little Suzuki DR 350 while being more busy with my other hobby; Ex MoD Land Rover.
But now I want to buy an Adventure over the winter. I was torn between the 1150 ADV and the 1200 ADV, but at the moment I get used to the new design (which in the beginning I didnt like too much). So it will be a 1200 then.

Wish me luck in finding a nice one for the right price. With the exchange rate Euro to GBP, might as well buy in the UK and leave the bike til next spring at my relatives at BSD Motorcycles in Peterborough.

Welcome, live in a nice place and that Zeppelin museum is excellent, passing through again in May next year

Teejay

Bonjour and welcome.
I see Lake Constance joins several countries, so which one do you happen to reside in ?
Just curious really.

bmwrover - great area :thumb2
I was there in the summer in Bregenz and, courtesy of a kind hotelier, obtained tickets for La Tosca where the stage is actually in the lake. Impressive, especially as this is a scene in the new James Bond movie.
We will be back locally in Obersdorf for the skiing at Christmas. From the webcams it looks as though the snow has already started:clap
Next summer we plan to come down on the bikes through the Black Forest and do the Deutsche Alpenstrasse which I believe starts at the lake and goes on to Berchtesgaden. Any advice on the best route through the Black forest :confused:

Yes the area is indeed one of the nicest in Germany, I am originally from up north, Hannover area, and that is more like the fens, flat and a bit boring :D
For good biking we have the Harz mountains though.

But down here is the best part for scenery and quality of living. The whole Lake Constance area is great, Meersburg is a one of a kind town. I recommend to book a cheap Ryan Air flight into Friedrichshafen and stay for a weekend with the wife/girlfriend/both.

Black Forrest I am not so familar with because the police in the BF are very strict (a bit like Lincolnshire around Cadwell) and I rode my VFR with a race can thus avoiding the touristy bits mostly.

Cooperman, I will look on a map and recommend a route, are you coming through France or through Belgium/Bitburg area into Germany?
The road from the Lake to Bertechsgaden is nice, but dont forget to branch off often into the tiny single lane roads up the hills to the left and right, because the wide valley road is a bit too developed and too straight in a lot of places.

I think I need to fork out the 12 GBP to become a subscribed tosser in order to pm you.

Coming from Leeds our options are to either the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge or drive down to Calais. I'm not particulary looking to just blast across Belgium/France but would prefer a more senic route over to the BF for a stop before heading on in to Germany.

Welcome

Hello and welcome!
Have an idea for a trip next summer running south east from Zeebrugge,
Meersburg looks fantastic on google earth. Could you recommend a good hotel in, or nearby.

I live 45 minutes away from the lake (cant afford the housing prices any closer :nenau:) The lake is so tourist developed that you find hotels very easy, there is a very nice one in Meersburg up in a wineyard overlooking the lake and the village, but I was unable to find it last night on the internet. Will look it up next time I am there.
May/June is a good time, still not peak season so you should be able to call just in as well. Many villages have a display wall at the main square with all the hotel pictures and description and a phone where you can directly call the hotels.

The Lake Constance viewed from the campground in Gohren close to Lindau:

1546817.jpg

Zooming in on the Austrian side at Bregenz:

1546818.jpg

Lindau is an island village in the Lake only connected by a bridge:

1546816.jpg

Lindau next morning:

1546819.jpg

Hello and welcome :aidan

Beautiful on and around Lake Constance. Took a boat trip on it a few years ago when in Geneva :thumb2

Hi Bmwrover.

Lovely area but the feckin mosquitos :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nearly ate me and my wife alive when we camped overnight this year.

I'd still go back though :thumb

Hi bmwrover

Lake Constance looks very beautiful. Wellcome and happy hunting for your GSA, a very good time to buy.

BM Bandit
:)

Deal Done !
I am the proud new owner of Flip`s GSA 1200, so I found this GSA because of UKGSer.com. :thumb
Its at my relatives now and I will see it for the first time in April 09 and riding it home then. A four month long foreplay :D

Deal Done !
I am the proud new owner of Flip`s GSA 1200, so I found this GSA because of UKGSer.com. :thumb
Its at my relatives now and I will see it for the first time in April 09 and riding it home then. A four month long foreplay :D

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to UKGSer .... enjoy your stay with us :)

Back
Top Bottom