Roads to get your pegs down

Steady Eddie

Reaction score
Saturday morning blast from Bicester to the South Coast - to Bum Wraps in Bognor Regis to enquire about getting my rider seat padded out for more comfort .
First part boring - A34 to Winchester , A31 for approx 2 mile then onto A272 to Petersfield - great road with long sweeping bends etc.
At Petersfield onto B2146 to Chichester - this road is brilliant with some tight bends , particularly just past South Harting - followed by open road ideal for a blast .
Boody great day riding in scorching weather with fantastic scenery - I'd recommend it to all.
Steady Eddie

I went to Applecross last Saturday and two roads stick in my mind, the Kyle of Lochalsh road (A87) from Spean Bridge twists for around 50 miles though some of the best scenery in the country. No traffic, no suicidal sheep just a fantastic surface and breathtaking views. Even in the rain...

On my way home I took a shortcut from Tebay to Devils Bridge (off the M6) and the A683 Kirkby Lonsdale to Sedbergh is a rollorcoaster ride, perfect between 60 and 80 MPH. Nobody uses it any more and the majority of visitors to the meet at Devils Bridge ignore it so there's no Plod watching it.

I quite agree

gutsi said:
I went to Applecross last Saturday and two roads stick in my mind, the Kyle of Lochalsh road (A87) from Spean Bridge twists for around 50 miles though some of the best scenery in the country.
The road into Ulapool is even better, it is full of varying degree bends, no hedges to restrict view and a superb road surface and no speed cameras...................the best the UK has to offer.:)

Have fun
AndyT

Back
Top Bottom