Side stand for the 95 1100 GS

Sheeprus

Yodels and Germs I have a problem.

The side stand on my GS is not right, I have not owned the bike very long and the damn thing leans at about 45degrees on the side stand.
The stand is not bent and does not have any signs of wear or modification.
I would say if anything it;s the wrong stand or off a different model (RS or sumfink)

If any of you have the same model of bike how long is your side stand?

I'm just wondering if some moody git who previously owned my beemer has a put on a dodgy replacement or the sorts.

As usual all help graciously received.

Cheers

Chris

I've not had my 1100 very long, but I think you'll find that "they all do that" - mine leans over at an improbable angle even after the previous owner added a 5mm thick foot plate to it.

Next time I'm in the garage I'll measure my stand, but I bet you'll find it's the same as yours ;)

I guess it's just one of those "BMW things"....

cheers
Matt

340mm - centre of pivot to lower edge of foot plate at furthest extremity (that doesn't include the aftermarket footplate that's added to mine).

hth

Matt

Its not just the 1100s either.

The sidestand on my '04 1150GSA is so short the bike goes clean over it when laden.

I have added a 20mm alloy foot and it still toppled over when parked at a B&B in Kent.

Naturally the screen hit a wall :blast

Bob.

Its not just the 1100s either.

The sidestand on my '04 1150GSA is so short the bike goes clean over it when laden.

I have added a 20mm alloy foot and it still toppled over when parked at a B&B in Kent.

Naturally the screen hit a wall :blast

Bob.

I put 1150 GSA shocks on mine so it was worse, so I put 60mm into the stand (we have a workshop), lovely in the garage, last weekend it stands so upright it is difficult to throw your leg over:D I tried to jump on at a funny angle on gravel, tipped over the other side (no at 6' 3" I aint vertically challenged and luckily no spectators :cool:

Good grief! Looks like I need to add an inch or so (and no smart comments there either!) Thanks chaps, time to hit the work shop as they say!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom