BMW PROWINTER GLOVES

STORMCLOUD

I've had lots of so called 'waterproof' gloves over the years, but only one pair that was actually was. Unfortunately I lost them recently and they're not made anymore, so I decided to lash out on their replacements.

Just got these today. Feel fantastic on the hands and have a clever single handed cuff closure system to reduce the chance of water running down into the gloves. Precurved fingers+ wrist strap that's easy to use with them on and have plenty of velcro.
Little insulation on the inside of the palms and fingers for feel but thicker on the back for warmth.
All good so far............

Here in OZ, Road Rider magazine just came out (since I ordered the gloves..) and includes a waterproof glove 'test'. They got about a dozen gloves, put them on and dipped them in a bucket of water for 2 1/2 mins. Only about one third of the gloves remained completely waterproof. Maybe not a perfect test, but still interesting. BMW PROWINTER2's were one of those that didnt leak. Hope that's the same for mine.

Will post pic soon, and hopefully a proper rain-ride test as well.

Anyone else have experience with these?

I bought a pair almost 4 years ago for winter use. They are still waterproof and warm and I rate them as the best pair of winter gloves I have ever owned, even better than the Reusch -30 gloves I had in the 80's.

Thanks, I like the sound of that.:bounce1

Amazingly, it was a pair or Reusch (-30 or -25 rings a bell ) gloves that I lost (note to self - always do up the soft luggage properly!).
They were the only decent winter gloves I'd ever had, lasted for years and never leaked. I was very sad when I realised they were gone.

Love the fact that the Prowinter's might be as good, or even better.

It's actually raing right now, but I also lost my waterproof pants so not so keen on going out...getting soft in my old age.

Pics as promised:

Had to go one size up from my Rallye Gloves. They are very comfortable, although only worn them once - It's summer here at the moment.

Below is a picture of the sleeve gusset. As the slider is attached to the glove itself, all you have to do is pull the end of the orange shock cord to tighten it up, and press-pull the slider to release. Note that the orange material is the water proof type, not the furry lining inside the gloves along which water would travel to your hands via capillary action. Haven't tested it for real yet obviously but it looks very promising.

Fits well with my jacket on, but too hot for that today (33 degrees celcius)...

I gotta pair.

I normally use BuMW Allround glove which suits me all year round. I have a pair of ProWinters which I carry as back up during the cold months (August to June here :augie).

when I left work tonight it was p*ssing down with snow and sleet on the higher ground so I thought I would give the Pros a whirl......and I was impressed.

They gave plenty of feel through the palms (oooer) without being to bulky. If I was being picky, I would prefer the visor wipe to be on the index finger rather than the thumb.

Oh, almost forgot. Warm and dry:thumb:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom