Waypoints-Garmin to TomTom

martinc.d

Reaction score
Hi All, can anyone point me in the right direction to convert the waypoints in my Garmin 2610 that i have created (from mapsource on the computer) into the correct format and then transfer onto my TomTom rider 2.
Any help appreciated.
MD

From memory there is PC app to do this. I did it no so long back for the BMW Mottorad sites.

I think POIEdit does the job.

How about GPS Babel, this is a fairly handy tool for converting route and POI files. I also use ITN Converter for planning for TomTom and converting routes from Garmin, TomTom and Autoroute and vica versa.

Have just found this thread. I have downloaded ITN and opened a GDB file from Mapspource and have a great long list of waypoints all numbered in sequence, with my waypoints with place names (like Ypres Grote Markt, Canada Farm) in the right order.

It automatically filed it as .itn when exported. How do the Tom-Tom users I want to share with get it into their Tom-Tom/mapping system?

Hi invicta moto,
Yes i found ITN & GPS Babel along with POIedit very useful.
All have their plus points

MD

there is a folder called itn on the TomTom which you can drop in your file into and it will then appear under the "Itinerary Planning" button once you have pressed "Load" and found the file.

:type

Have just found this thread. I have downloaded ITN and opened a GDB file from Mapspource and have a great long list of waypoints all numbered in sequence, with my waypoints with place names (like Ypres Grote Markt, Canada Farm) in the right order.

It automatically filed it as .itn when exported. How do the Tom-Tom users I want to share with get it into their Tom-Tom/mapping system?

ITN Converter is for routes not POI files. It sounds like you need to create an OV2 rather than an ITN file. Using a GPX file of POIs rather than a route will result in ITN Converter trying to join these up into a route. Too many and ITN Converter will probably crash when you try and start the editor which uses Google Maps, this can only handle a finite number of way-points.

For converting these I use the desktop version of GPSBabel that I mentioned above. There's also an online version that works well.

Back
Top Bottom