HOLD ON there BIG MIKE!!!!

bmwrich58

Reaction score
Mike, Mike, Mike, your missing some of the most BEAUTIFUL RIDING in AMERICA!!!!

Directly straight southwest of Oxford is some of the "Worlds Best of "Ultimate Riding"!!!!

Have you not heard of the infamous "DEALS GAP ????? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!
It's a shrine (public road) to all "Motorcyclists" throughout the USA!!! Look for US129 in the far southwestern part of the state (North Carolina/Tennesse border) just west of Ashville. US 129 north into Tennesse.
318 Curves in 11 miles!!!!!!!!!!! People from all over the world come and try to tame the "Tail of the Dragon"!!!
You cannot afford to miss this. I don't even have enough space to tell you how fantastic this area is. Then when you think you had enough,head a little farther south and ride the "Cherohala Secenic Highway"!! Going north on the Chero-Sky way,you'll connect with the famous Blue Ridge Parkway. .
Smokey Mountain National Park is just a little north of there. Gotta do that too! Fantastic area for riding/camping,etc. Watch out for snow and ice tho, your probably a month or two too early for that area. Up in the higher elevations,fog,snow and ice is very possible this time of year. A month or two from now the place will be in full blossom!!!
Now that that area is conquered, head a little east back in the direction of Ashville (beautiful college town) and find the
BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY . The BRP will take you all the way north into northern Virgina. You can get off the BRP at different areas and find nice cheap hotels and gas minutes from the BRP. It's a two lane roadway 45mph speed limit, that runs on the crest of mountains. Scenic views all along the way. Very crowded during the spring, and summer with tourists. Forgetabout travel there in the fall, bumper to bumper traffic for the fall colors.

Thanks Rich, already highlighted (by Krautbikeman) on the map. I'm heading back South for a while (having visited DC today - and frozen my ass off*) and will be doing a circuitous route to arrive back in Daytona for 28th February for Bike Week. I intend to 'do' Deals Gap ether on the way in, or on the way back out, depending on the weather. Blue Ridge Parkway was closed (iced up) yesterday, but I managed the Skyline (which was open) - details & pics on the journal later :D

Mike:)

*an American expression.

ps Steve - bollox! :D

Mike O said:
Thanks Rich, already highlighted (by Krautbikeman) on the map. I'm heading back South for a while (having visited DC today - and frozen my ass off*) and will be doing a circuitous route to arrive back in Daytona for 28th February for Bike Week. I intend to 'do' Deals Gap ether on the way in, or on the way back out, depending on the weather. Blue Ridge Parkway was closed (iced up) yesterday, but I managed the Skyline (which was open) - details & pics on the journal later :D

*an American expression.

ps Steve - bollox! :D
Hey Mikey, Make sure Kraut brings you to our little ADV get together at Hooter on Friday night, March5th at 8pm. I'd love to get to meet you.

Steve said:
Heated seat not working today then? :D

Sold the heated one to Nick Marshall after I'd bought the Mayer seat from City Slicker. Although not heated, the Mayer seat is by far the best accessory I've fitted to the bike - I can honestly say I've never had a trip since fitting it where seat comfort even crossed my mind...

ps QBOTU - Hooters - Moi? I don't even know what a 'Hooters' is... :eyebrow

Hi Mike are you planning on comming to California would love to meet you.:beerjug:

Sure am Steve. Planning to do the PCH from San Diego to the Arctic Circle. I want to be in Alaska for mid-summer's day. Like all my plans, it's subject to daily review... :D

Mike

ps Might be able to make the ADVRider Song Dog Ranch weekend - will you be there?

QBOTU said:
Hey Mikey, Make sure Kraut brings you to our little ADV get together at Hooter on Friday night, March5th at 8pm. I'd love to get to meet you.

LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE PULLED SWEETIE XX

Call me a wimp would you Mr Belch? I trust you've seen the pics from the Skyline Drive & are eating your words....

Mike:D

Mike O said:
Call me a wimp would you Mr Belch? I trust you've seen the pics from the Skyline Drive & are eating your words....

Call someone your size a wimp?

:ymca haircut or no :ymca haircut I wouldn't dare!

Skyline pics really cool. Keep up the good work - you give me something interesting to read while I'm back in the UK for 3 whole weeks. Denver next - bloody long way from Daytona but if you're in Denver March 7th-15th I'll let you buy me a beer. The Rockies are impressive at this time of year (or indeed any other time of year come to think of it)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom