How much do I need?

hairyhippy

Reaction score
Nice forum. I'm an all weather motorcyclist who's beloved and very elderly F650 is ridden year round and sorely treated. The poor thing can't go on forever, so I'm researching these wonderfull GS beasties to see how much I need to beg, borrow or steal and how many internal organs will need to go on ebay to finance my latest bout of lunacy.

I'll try and remember to research things before I ask the same stupid questions you've all answered a hundred times before.

Regards Pete

welcome Pete, You will find a bike to fit your pocket but as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for"....up to a certain point;)

£3000 gets you into decent bike territory.

Love, Peace and Happiness, dude....
hippy.gif

Funnily enough, I was just talking to a good friend of mine in Bedford, this afternoon. He was eulogising about his F650GS. He commutes 40+ miles each way on it. In the process it returns 85 mpg. He completed an IAM Assessment on it last week - 9 hours and 400 miles in a downpour. He said the R1200RT mounted Examiner couldn't believe how well it went in those conditions. My friend also has quite a stable of bikes and to be honest, could probably have any bike he wanted, if he wasn't such a tight Weegie.....:augie

So maybe a 650 is really all you "need".....:nenau

Back
Top Bottom