Iceland BMW Bike Hire....!

Farmer Palmer

Reaction score
With the increasing problems of getting your own bike to Iceland from Scotland with the Smyril line Ferry you have the option of hiring a BMW F650GS Twin with luggage in Reykjavik from these guys.....!

www.Bikingviking.is

I met up with Njall a fellow HP2 rider and co owner of Bikingviking when we visited Iceland in November and they seem like decent guys.....!

I've not much time for a vacation and hiring a bike in Iceland seems to be a good option for me as it's only an hour and three quarters flight from Glasgow. I know it's not the same as taking your own bike but if its a choice between not going or hiring a bike at least its another option.

Bike hire isn't cheap but Iceland is one of the few places where you get more for your £ than ever before, when we were there we were getting 180 ISK to £1 compared to 114 ISK the time before....!

FP.:thumb2

Hæ Icestorm

Komdu sæll og blessaður Icestorm og velkommin til UKGSer,.Gleðileg jól og komandi ár..........! :thumb

Kveðja FP.

There is also this company www.bluemountain.is

Bike rental and guided tours.
Welcome to the forum icestorm, you wouldn’t happen to work for Bluemountain would you :D

Anyway, Bluemountain bike hire is around £100 a day according to XE currency converter, looks a good idea to me, just for a couple of days hire

It might not be the same for the bike, but I know when we've been hiring a land cruiser worked out as a pretty sensible option and cost less between two of us than a single guided tour would have been.

People have always told me that Iceland is expensive, but I honestly didnt find the area around in and around Reykjavik to be any more expensive than in and around any other capital city.

The locals are friendly and the guides that we met on the road are very helpful, even when they are fully loaded with paying punters... it's a really nice place and should be a lot of fun on a bike.

Blue Mountain Tours

Hi again, and thank you all. Happy new year and all that. I am the owner of Blue Mountain Tours and I welcome all of you if interested in riding around Iceland. I also know the guys at Biking Viking very well, - great guys. I started this company last summer and have had lot of inquiries for next season.

The summer of 2007, me and my brother rode around the world, similar route that McGregor and Boorman did. www.sverrirt.blog.is

Back
Top Bottom