Zumo 550

Dave Ford

Reaction score
I'd hoped that the prices being asked for Zumo 550s would fall after Christmas, but so far there seems to be no sign of any retailer offering any greater discounts. If we ignore reconditioned units on ebay, best I've come across is £390 (Lings Honda). Anyone seen anything cheaper?

zumo 550

I'd hoped that the prices being asked for Zumo 550s would fall after Christmas, but so far there seems to be no sign of any retailer offering any greater discounts. If we ignore reconditioned units on ebay, best I've come across is £390 (Lings Honda). Anyone seen anything cheaper?

try motorworld on 07746444847 ask for simon £310/330

best I've come across is £390 (Lings Honda). Anyone seen anything cheaper?

I've been surfing around too and the best I've seen pre & post Xmas is only £6 cheaper at MNC (MYnewcheap) as recommended by a fellow tosser.

Still looking will post again if i find 'owt better.

Happy hunting,

A.

will be looking at one of these this year too
but price is too high
wont be needed till may time anyway

crazy price when compared to the the car units

lets rip off the bikers

will be looking at one of these this year too
but price is too high
wont be needed till may time anyway

crazy price when compared to the the car units

lets rip off the bikers

The differences in Zumo/Nuvi are:

Zumo is waterproof.
Zumo comes with car and bike cradle
Zumo comes with Ram-mount/clamp
Zumo comes with Mapsource for installing on your PC, to allow you to navigate on the roads you choose, rather than just shorter/quicker etc.

The bike cradle alone - retails for £55 approx.

Al :thumb2

i am looking to buy a garmin zumo 550 but i am a gps numpty. so what one do i need?? is it version 9 version 10 new or recon. anyone know of any good deals going at present?

Perhaps the reason for not discounting the Zumo is that it's a good bit of kit, which is quite popular. .....Good news for Zumo owners anyway.

If you are after a discount I bet the Tom Tom 2 is discounted........:augie

The differences in Zumo/Nuvi are:

Zumo is waterproof.
Zumo comes with car and bike cradle
Zumo comes with Ram-mount/clamp
Zumo comes with Mapsource for installing on your PC, to allow you to navigate on the roads you choose, rather than just shorter/quicker etc.

The bike cradle alone - retails for £55 approx.

Al :thumb2

Plus if you are upgrading Mapsource allows you to move you favorites, track logs, waypoints etc from unit to unit without any hassle.

Zumo has a built in MP3 Player - bonus for me as it means I can do away with carrying an iPod on longer trips
Zumo links into Autocom and any other intercom - with Autocom, your Zumo can use the same leads to bluetooth your phone into your autocom (listening only) buy the right Autocom leads and you get two way coms.

I've upgraded to Zumo from a Quest purely because I was getting fed up with having to upload new maps if I travel abroad - Zumo contains all maps for Europe where I was lucky to be able to fit the maps I needed for one route

Zumo also has its own carry case and replacement covers :D

Zumo 552?!

Anybody heard of the 552 due for release "soon"?

Dropped into Halfords today re; 550 and why it wasn't on their webstore anymore.

Billy Nostars advised that it may be because they're running down stock in way of the 552?! The 550 was still available on order through the store for £449! £50+ more that their web price

try motorworld on 07746444847 ask for simon £310/330

I emailed motorworld on Monday and got a reply with a price of £529:eek::eek:

I replied back saying that they had been recommended and that the price mentioned was £310-£330 only to be told that they were selling them at that price on ebay but there was no stock left.

The search continues :type

Something to do with the Euro and dollar gaining strength.

My own company have done this as most of the products come from the far east or Europe.

What happened to the credit crunch and all these sales with 50%-70% off.

The wife came home yesterday with a pair of M&S jeans brand new for £3 bought from their clearance store. :D

There's also a very strong rumour of the Zumo 660 being released at the CES show in early January - supposed screen-shots from the Garmin website (since removed).

Need one too

:robI have also tried Motor world and Halfords. Halfords said they will price match anyone as long as you can show proof of price and availability of the other seller. And motor world £529. If you find some where please let me know too?.

Martin

I emailed motorworld on Monday and got a reply with a price of £529:eek::eek:

I replied back saying that they had been recommended and that the price mentioned was £310-£330 only to be told that they were selling them at that price on ebay but there was no stock left.

The search continues :type

I was told the exact same thing so they're defo not telling fibs.

I bought mine today - £374 delivered with ram mount, car mount and carry case V10 model, whitebox but garmin dont sell tatt so not fussed at all and come with 12 months warranty. :)

Back
Top Bottom