Look what im getting for my birthday 450x

getimg.asp

Ok what extras do I 'need' ?

Recomend me some bling while the credit card is nice and warm.

Hand guards ?
sump protector ?

A new rear tyre?

:mmmm

But it looks nice Dave - will you have it this weekend?

Greg

Lovely bike!

Although you are giving me further proof that the credit crunch is a lie.

Handguards - I use Acerbis Rally Pro's :thumb2 Also some lifting/recovery straps TT do some or make them yourself. Some mesh over the lower half of the radiator is handy as well and if all else fails you can awalys bung a graphics kit on it.

Look at Speedbrain.de and then ask Vines to get the parts, if they are anything like Woolsastons they will be 2/3 of the price.

woo hoo

picking up wednesday morning.

wonder if the wife will wrap it for me :bounce1

If that's their demonstrator.........I've already given it a dam good thrashing. :D

Get some plastic frame bungs for the two holes that they can't be bothered to cover up for the engine mounting bolts. :blast

I also fitted Acerbis Rallye pro handguards and the extension brush guards to fit on them. These are cheaper than the BMW handguards, but the indicator bracket needs bending forward and up slightly, so that the guards can be fitted in the correct place, that's if you want to keep the indicators on the bike.

Plus I got the loud exhaust ;) and a proper aluminium bash plate.

If you really want some extra bling, BMW and Speedbrain do a race sticker set.

Don't even think about leaving the mirrors on the bike. :rolleyes:

Have a look on this forum section for the suspension settings, the ones in the manual are far too hard. :augie

Oh and I nearly forgot, get some neoprene socks to fit on the forks to save the seals and change the front sprocket to 14T for better off-road performance.

Err....what else, smaller number plate?

Don't believe all that crap about engine rebuild every 70 hours, that's only if you regularly race the thing. KTM recommend rebuilding the EXC engine every 90 hours, but I never did that and the KTM I had did nearly 300 hours and 8000 miles of use. Just change the oil as per the schedule and check valve clearances etc.

yup thats the one, thnks for running it in for me
I keep a spreadsheet of costs, spares, servicing and mpg for mine, during the running in period (first tank full) I got 79mpg! Now half of that is good sometimes. At a real push I get 70 miles on a tank.

Be warned that when the low fuel indicator comes on you have maybe 6 miles range and regardless of how light it is it gets bloody heavy when you are pushing it up the biggest hill for miles.

Don't believe all that crap about engine rebuild every 70 hours, that's only if you regularly race the thing. KTM recommend rebuilding the EXC engine every 90 hours, but I never did that and the KTM I had did nearly 300 hours and 8000 miles of use. Just change the oil as per the schedule and check valve clearances etc.

My Yamaha WR250F is supposed to get a set of piston rings every 1100KM's. My local dealer, who's raced just about everything in his time told me the same. He said that's belt 'n' braces for a bike that's getting every ounce of performance wrung out of it the whole time it's running. His advice was also to ensure frequent oil changes with the best oil and check the valves, and that would be sufficient for the green laning I do. Sound advice from the Sweeper there I reckon.

My Yamaha WR250F is supposed to get a set of piston rings every 1100KM's. My local dealer, who's raced just about everything in his time told me the same. He said that's belt 'n' braces for a bike that's getting every ounce of performance wrung out of it the whole time it's running. His advice was also to ensure frequent oil changes with the best oil and check the valves, and that would be sufficient for the green laning I do. Sound advice from the Sweeper there I reckon.

Just try and get BMW to do any warranty work. If you don't care thats fine. I canceled my 450 and went with a 650X Challenge after BMW advised the 450 is only for racing and any long adventure rides will kill the bike. I like to ride gravel a lot faster than 100kph and got a 25% discount on the new 650 thats 12% less than the 450 price.

bar risers

i have a pair of ktm bar risers

will they fit ?

Picked it up on Saturday Hurrah !

Picked the bike up from Vines Saturday Morning, looks brand new with the new plastics on it.

Had to wash it on Sunday as it got a bit dirty on the trailer!

Bling Fitted:
Hand Guards

Bling to be Fitted
New Tyres
13T Sprocket

Bling ordered:

Bar Risers
Akrapovic full system
Neoprene Fork Sleeves
Fat Boys rear spring
Belly pan

Back